By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thank you Sony for not ruining the PS4!

I think if Rpruett were to come back with some snarky one line remark about making Khuutra waste a good 30-60 minutes of his life writing posts in this thread that he would earn a victory on some level. 

And really... I think that's the best he could do at this point.

In the meantime, I will post the obligatory:

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

I think if Rpruett were to come back with some snarky one line remark about making Khuutra waste a good 30-60 minutes of his life writing posts in this thread that he would earn a victory on some level. 

I am of the school of thought that says changing one person's mind, no matter the degree to which you do so, is worth a great deal of time and effort.

Khuutra said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I am of the school of thought that says changing one person's mind, no matter the degree to which you do so, is worth a great deal of time and effort.

I do not envy anyone undertaking the arduous task of changing someone else's mind... on the internet.  Best of luck all the same.

Holy hell Khuutra. That's one very long post.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I prefer the excuse that even if you don't change the mind of the person you are arguing with, at least it's a public argument with the potential to change/influence the minds of people who aren't yet arguing with you(but are reading).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

While I don't agree with all you said Khuutra, I indeed remember that when I played Super Mario 64 for the first time I was amazed you could climb trees. And walk over that bridge in the first level. And actually swimm around in the lake in front of the castle.

Getting those feelings back to the average player would just be amazing. At least the Wii remote is a first step.

Demotruk said:
I prefer the excuse that even if you don't change the mind of the person you are arguing with, at least it's a public argument with the potential to change/influence the minds of people who aren't yet arguing with you(but are reading).

Furthermore, it helps you to reflect and order your own thoughts on the subject at hand. Maybe consider a facet or two you hadn't thought of before. That's worth something.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Hell yeah children are making informed decisions about what games to make their parents buy for them. In 1988, I was 5 years old. I made my mom go to 4 different stores to find me a copy of Donkey Kong Classics for the NES that Christmas, because "holy shit it has Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. on the same cartridge!!!!!111" And that Christmas was the 2nd best Christmas ever, the best being the SMB3 Christmas of course.

I think what most people remember the most about Mario 64 isn't "looking at a 3-D world" but "jumping, backflipping, launching out of cannons, and flying through a 3-D world." I preferred climbing flagpoles over trees though.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

I think what most people remember the most about Mario 64 isn't "looking at a 3-D world" but "jumping, backflipping, launching out of cannons, and flying through a 3-D world." I preferred climbing flagpoles over trees though.

I loved nuding the stick forward to see Mario slowly move from tip toes, to shuffleing, to walking, to running. Blew my 11 mind at the time. Kills me how many modern games only have walk and run and nothing else on the control stick. Lousy PC ports. =P

The first thing I remember about Mario 64 was playing with Mario's face on the opening screen. It used to blow my mind how I could mess up his face like that lol

God I miss those days...

Edit: I think the backflip off of walls would be a close second though, I still remember grinning every minute I was playing that damn game.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!