By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Gamespot MP3 Review 8.5

RolStoppable said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

The same thing could of been said about bioshock, but like MP3 they said it was too easy with the chambers reviving and all, ald they also said it didnt feel like anything new. While it did not have any major flaws, making it easy brought down this and bioshock, but because its not something completely new, they docked it a few more points.

Seriously its a really good review

Metroid Prime 3 just proved that the Wii's control setup is superior to any dual analogue stick setup. Besides that it is at least equal in quality with the previous two games (9.7, 9.1). If this doesn't justify at least a 9.0, I don't know what else to say.

Considering Wario Ware got a 9.1, it's not a really good review, it seems even more like a bad joke.

Mystery solved!  MP3 was stabbed in the back by a jealous 360 FPS fan!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
RolStoppable said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

The same thing could of been said about bioshock, but like MP3 they said it was too easy with the chambers reviving and all, ald they also said it didnt feel like anything new. While it did not have any major flaws, making it easy brought down this and bioshock, but because its not something completely new, they docked it a few more points.

Metroid Prime 3 just proved that the Wii's control setup is superior to any dual analogue stick setup. Besides that it is at least equal in quality with the previous two games (9.7, 9.1). If this doesn't justify at least a 9.0, I don't know what else to say.

Considering Wario Ware got a 9.1, it's not a really good review, it seems even more like a bad joke.

Mystery solved!  MP3 was stabbed in the back by a jealous 360 FPS fan!

O god, now we are going to get it from wii fans that gamespot is run by xbots, and now ps3 and wii fans will combine and crush any 360 fans because there games are not matching 360s at the moment....

BE patient! im sure mario will be the bioshock of the wii

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
RolStoppable said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

So how can they hate wii if they give games like that high scores. WHile it maybe be a bad review, you cant tell me there bias and you just proved they are not. Seriously maybe it was a bad review of the game itself but im trying to prove they dont hate wii games and you have proven just that

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Lost tears of Kain said:
RolStoppable said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

So how can they hate wii if they give games like that high scores. WHile it maybe be a bad review, you cant tell me there bias and you just proved they are not. Seriously maybe it was a bad review of the game itself but im trying to prove they dont hate wii games and you have proven just that

Did you ever watch the vids from Gamespot during the Wii's launch?  If you did, then you'd understand what people are upset about.  Things started off bad with gamespot right off the bat.  This just adds fuel to that fire.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Sigh I could post bulshit now like 'Oh my god it is not an AAA title' and many more like the most of you guys do when there is a bad review of an PS3 game....

It is just an review, 8.5 is okay. 

Around the Network

Actually, they can't rate it lower because if they gave it a way lower review than THE SAME GAME on Gamecube it would kind of let the cat out of the bag.

And, Lost Tears of Kain, I didn't think I needed to tell you that I was joking. I thought it would be obvious. I still do.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

RolStoppable said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

There is a good way to spin this in "Gamespot hates Wii games":

The reason why they gave Wario Ware such a high score (much higher than the average) is to make it look like as if the Wii is only good for casual minigames. The only other Wii game that received a score of 9+ was Resident Evil 4. Of course they can't rate the game lower because the sequel is coming to the 360/PS3.

The Wii isn't for hardcore gamers, it's a casual minigame compilation machine.

Yes but how many wii games have deserved 9+ i think metroid and bioshock deserved higher scores, but this is what gamespot gave it. Metroid is looking to be a solid game and one of the wii's best. I do agree it should of been higher but i still dont see it based on them being biased. They will give out scores on how they feel. If they were xbox and ps3 fans you would think they would of given bioshock and other games higher scores but they didnt. Its a fantastic game but i believe gamespot gave it its true feelings, and not a biased one

Final-Fan said:
Actually, they can't rate it lower because if they gave it a way lower review than THE SAME GAME on Gamecube it would kind of let the cat out of the bag.

And, Lost Tears of Kain, I didn't think I needed to tell you that I was joking. I thought it would be obvious. I still do.

of course it was obvious, im not THAT STUPPIDD gossh  ~_~

i was just stating a serious answer as a way to go along with the joke

The game just lost some points because of visuals and I think it is hard when you have to review Bioshock first and then MP3 :s.

9.5 from IGN, 8.5 Gamespot only a point apart.