By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Gamespot MP3 Review 8.5

I'm sooo glad i don't follow that site. So i guess that they consider Super Metroid And Corruption equals now? Since Super is constantly in the "best games ever" category, this must be good!

@Elprincipe: What is your favorite game that got such a bashing?  

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

I wonder why Madden and other sports games didn't get lower scores, they make one a year and they are very similar to the last one released before. That makes sense, right?.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

I'd just like to say.

I hate the review world we live in where an 8.5 is considered a dissapointment.

Kasz216 said:
I'd just like to say.

I hate the review world we live in where an 8.5 is considered a dissapointment.

For your average title 8.5 is a perfectly fine score but it is not a good enough score when this is one of the flagship games on a console in terms of game quality.

I won't question the validity of the review until after I play the game but I sense that I will not agree with the final score.

There is an official review thread specifically to avoid having these topics up all over... can people please not flood the forums with 100 topics about the same thing?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6162&start=50

Around the Network

Meh, reminds me of when they gave TP an 8.8 and people bitched and moan. Whatever, besides,  it could be worse.

I think Gamespot reviews are decently well written. They have some good insights into what to expect from a game.

With that said, I do think they are slightly more biased against Nintendo [opinion] and I do think that they give ridiculously low scores sometimes just to draw attention to themselves. Looking at the GameRankings scores for Bioshock and Metroid3, they are far below average. I, personally, have never been a huge fan of them and like IGN much more.

GhaudePhaede010 said:
This better be bogus. I cannot even fathom how their review system works. Cadance, 8.5 is not a bad score... for a game like Table Tennis. But come on here, this is freaking Metroid Prime 3 with better than amazing controls.

How in the world is this acceptable? I refuse to read the review just because I am not going to give the site any more traffic.

Its really not a bad score at all, gamepspot is usually lower then everyone else so i see it like a 9.0 from ign

they only gave bioshock a 9.0 so i really dont think they are biased

Seriously guys, you are starting to sound a little like the ps3 fanboys who start to call anyone who gives there games a bad review xbots

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

You guys need a group hug. Seriously, get over it. An 8.5 is not a big deal, especially for a game YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED YET. After all, most places were giving Bioshock 10s before Gamespot came in at 9.0. It's just one man's opinion on a game, no better or worse than yours, though he's probably a little less biased than the bitchers and moaners in this thread.

Sheesh.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Allow me to summarize the Gamespot review:

"This game is awesome. The backstory and exploration is as deep as ever. The new weapons are cool. The controls are much improved and very smooth, which makes the game feel too much like an FPS and also too easy. It feels different from previous Prime games. It is too similar to previous Prime games."

All of the observations they make about the game seem intelligent and well-written, but the review as a whole is incoherent.

Maybe these guys are just graphics whores whose subconscious minds are torpedoing all Wii games?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!