By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Go on record: Bioshock and Metroid Prime 3 First Week Sales in the Americas

leo-j said:

More than 80% of x360 owners will buy this game. Because its a great fps.

EIGHTY percent? Wait, was it you who said Killzone 2 would have an attach rate of 90%, or was that KZ3? It's a fact of the industry, that attach rates of 50%+ simply don't happen with non-bundled games. Ever. 33% is already insane, but 50% is never going to happen after the first year or so of a console.

Around the Network

Yah 80% attach is pretty crazy and while Bioshock will be above average I seriously doubt it will be anywhere near 80%. I would be surprised if it hit half that (aka ~4m right now and growing all the time).

To Each Man, Responsibility

I probably shouldn't have, but yesterday I bought BOTH! Both are awesome, but neither is getting the time it deserves. Anyhoo, Metroid's t.v. spots are the opposite of what Nintendo should be showing. If they had a campaign like Prime 1 had, I would say Metroid wins easily. So far, the game seems damn near flawless.

Bioshock is also pretty friggin' sweet. I hope everyone picks it up despite it's lack of multi-player. I'm really spreading the word on this gem!

The biggest problem both franchises have is image. Metroid is a fast paced adventure with a cinematic feel, and incredible control, but the first two were so slow and deliberate. Bioshock pretty much perfect, but many think it's just another FPS. Worse yet, most have never heard of it. I figure both games run the risk of being overlooked by the mass market(overshadowed by more hyped games), but if I had to guess, I say Metroid takes it by a small margin.

Steve 3.2 said:
So for the first week of each:

Bioshock - 500K

MP3: Corruption - 300K

Lookie here... I didn't do too bad at all according to the site.

Bioshock - 408,119

MP3: Corruption - 314,157

(does a little dance) 

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

leo-j said:
A large part of the x360 is fps overrated?

Best x360 games

bioshock(fps)
halo series(fps)
gears of war(3rd person same crud just with his head out)

More than 80% of x360 owners will buy this game. Because its a great fps.

Leo and his crazy statistics. Between this and any ff7 selling 10 million, you are my favorite predictor

Around the Network

Well I was too chicken to give actual numbers, I did figure that MP3 would have higher first week sales. What can I say? I'm an idiot.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

shams said:

Bioshock - 420k (360 version only)

Metroid - 300k

I did ok ;)

Bioshock - 408,119 (off by 3%)

MP3: Corruption - 314,157 (off by 5%)

Anyone beat that??

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
shams said:

Bioshock - 420k (360 version only)

Metroid - 300k

I did ok ;)

Bioshock - 408,119 (off by 3%)

MP3: Corruption - 314,157 (off by 5%)

Anyone beat that??

nope your the champ shams, i was thinking you would be about right

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

@shams
Kudos, pending further review I certainly didn't do better than you.  I was off 17% and 24% although on Bioshock I seem to have gotten PC + 360 sales about right just not the shares.