By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Go on record: Bioshock and Metroid Prime 3 First Week Sales in the Americas

i love bio shock n all after playin the demo but i dont see it as a killar app because it sooo dam violent 360 is sufferin n i dont feel dat halo will be enough dis time
who finks mircosoft shud just give up on the whole gaming thing i am not a ps3 fanboy i have a 360 but it just not doin it for me right now.

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

I still don't think MP3 will do that great. Bioshock has been advertised a lot, whereas MP3 has had almost none. MP3 should have better legs though.

Are we including the PC version of Bioshock?

Bioshock - 300k
MP3 - 175k

MP3 - 3million
Bioshock -10billion.

You saw it first here, and I'm going to be right.

..... Okay. MP3 375k Bioshock 325k

Bioshock 350K

Metroid Prime 3 275K

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
kopboi said:
i love bio shock n all after playin the demo but i dont see it as a killar app because it sooo dam violent 360 is sufferin n i dont feel dat halo will be enough dis time
who finks mircosoft shud just give up on the whole gaming thing i am not a ps3 fanboy i have a 360 but it just not doin it for me right now.

Kopbio, being violet is preaty much a bonus to become a killer app. (minus the 250 mario games released) You seem to imply that the 360 is suffering right now. Whats your reason behind this? That bioshock  and halo won't be enough?? Those 2 games will no doubt be a influx of sales and profits.

I surly dont believe MS should give up on the console. If anything I'm alot happer with my xbox360 than I was with my original xbox or ps2. My bais agianst the playstation brand has alot to do with the controller. I just dont like it. I was kinda hoping for the ps3 boomerang!

*First week sales Prediction*

Bioshock 355,000

MP3 325,000

Around the Network

Bioshock: 220,000

Metroid Prime 3: 190,000

I don't think any is going to sell that much. Metroid has hardly been advertised, and Bioshock is a new IP. Plus, I don't think both are really that revolutionary enough to draw in more people.

Everyone on the internet has hyped metroid and bioshock, that's enough advertisment.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

As I have said before I am not very good with the software numbers, but I will say I hope both games sell extremely well since they are both awesome games (I say this with personal experience, buahaha).

Anyways, if I have to take I guess (and for me its strictly a guess) I will go with:

Bioshock: 320k
Metroud Prime 3: 350k

The only reason I give metroid the edge here is because Bioshock has a PC version and Metroid is an established well known franchise being released on a console where there haven't been a lot of hardcore love over the past 2-3 months. All in all I have no idea on the exact numbers but I am guessing MP3 will have a slight edge. Regardless both games are must owns for anyone with the appropriate platforms to play them.

To Each Man, Responsibility

We have 22 pre-orders on the games and we have receive aroud 50 call todays.

We sold around 30 Bioshock in one week (all platforms), but with the demand for Prime 3 right now we can easly sell it more than Bioshock, it just depend of the quantity of copies Nintendo send us ( 32 on the first day ).

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

About 250k for Bioshock in its first week. 500k for MP3 in its first week.