By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
blazinhead89 said:
Hyruken said:
same numbers last year

PS3 81k - UP 5k = UP 6% (KZ2 boost?)

360 47k - UP 60k = UP 127% (Halo Wars boost?)

Wii 127k - UP 53k = UP 41% (xyz game boost?)

DS 264k - DOWN 64k = DOWN 25%

PSP 79k - DOWN 13k = DOWN 16%

Really interesting numbers there. If that is the KZ2 boost that is pretty poor really as that only just beats last years number where the top PS3 game was, wait for it....Unreal Torney 3 with a whopping 45k sold.

What? Comparing last year's numbers to judge KZ2 and Halo Boost ? Now I have seen it all

It's no halo boost, two pricecuts, still have an effect.

Around the Network

@Hryuken. You should have compared last week to this week to see the boost (As the comparison you did only makes PS3 look worse, it makes 360 look better). This time last year we were A) Not in a recession and B) 360 didn't have the price advantage it does now. The fact that that PS3 is even up yoy is great, despite not getting a Price cut and despite being in a recession .

kutasek said:
blazinhead89 said:
Hyruken said:
same numbers last year

Really interesting numbers there. If that is the KZ2 boost that is pretty poor really as that only just beats last years number where the top PS3 game was, wait for it....Unreal Torney 3 with a whopping 45k sold.

What? Comparing last year's numbers to judge KZ2 and Halo Boost ? Now I have seen it all

Last years price drop caused a random 25% increase in February?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
kutasek said:
blazinhead89 said:
Hyruken said:
same numbers last year

Last years price drop caused a random 25% increase in February?

Halo boost, effect, is gonna happen next week, sales, are as high as their are because Street Figher 4 week, most likely.

Hyruken said:
blazinhead89 said:
Hyruken said:
same numbers last year

We'll then you have seen it all haven't you. Don't need me to explain to you that if those games are to be accounted for the boost (boosts don't happen for no reason) then it proves that the industry may have peaked. If it needs games to just match a pretty poor week last year games wise for at least PS3 and 360 then that tells you something doesn't it. Because if it was increasing then by having games out should destroy a pretty poor week sales right? Especially the A card for Sony this year and a game with Halo in it? Again if those are the boosts especially for PS3 then that means after the boost dies down (1-2 weeks) then numbers are going to go down a lot compared to last year. 

You'd be quite right if you weren't neglecting two important factors.

1. Last year PS3 was coming off from a $100 price drop the same way 360 is now. It would be extremely unusual if PS3 wasn't lower year over year not taking any major releases into account.

2. There is absolutely no evidence that Killzone 2 (or Halo Wars for that matter) have anything to do with this surge whatsoever. Logically, console sales should be slightly down due to customers waiting to pick up a Killzone 2 bundle next week. Furthermore, take a look at the games that were released in Europe last week.

PS3
Disney Sing It! High School Musical 3: Senior Year
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justce
X-Blades
Noby Noby Boy
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
Street Fighter IV

Disney Sing It! High School Musical 3: Senior Year
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
Race Pro
X-Blades
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned
Death Tank
Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
Street Fighter IV

That's a very respectable list of games for both consoles compared to what either has been getting in Europe for the past two months.

Around the Network

Good numbers all around.

i dont think they are sf4 boosts.........if sf4 sales are huge then mabey thats what it is.........id like to seenext weeks numbers hat should include the kilzone and halow launches

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Strong sales all around, except for mediocre PSP sales.

Good week for PS3 considering its price.

i dont think they are sf4 boosts.........if sf4 sales are huge then mabey thats what it is.........id like to seenext weeks numbers hat should include the kilzone and halow launches

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...