By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Hates Lesbians

I understand everyone saying it is in the TOS but it is not wrong if I choose to disagree with it. She broke the TOS, I understand that and she was suspended for it. If is it in the TOS do I need to follow those rules? Yes I do. Do I need to agree with them? Absolutely not.

@Nightsurge

Pray is not always religion based. It can also be a request made in a humble manner.

I meant it more as: "I hope one day it will change". It doesn't always mean speaking to God.

I am not here trying to make you look foolish and I ask you to do the same.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I understand everyone saying it is in the TOS but it is not wrong if I choose to disagree with it. She broke the TOS, I understand that and she was suspended for it. If is it in the TOS do I need to follow those rules? Yes I do. Do I need to agree with them? Absolutely not.

Yes, you do or else you will be banned/suspended.

You can like or dislike them, tho.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Euphoria14 said:

@Nightsurge

Pray is not always religion based. It can also be a request made in a humble manner.

I meant it more as: "I hope one day it will change". It doesn't always mean speaking to God.

I am not here trying to make you look foolish and I ask you to do the same.

I figured that is what you meant.  I agree that bit was a bit far.

The rest, though, about believing and accepting one part and not the other, still stands.

Also, if you do not agree to the ToS, and do not plan on following them, there is this "I Do Not Agree" option when you sign up, which basically cancels the registration.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:

No, I don't. Disagreeing does not mean I am going to break them. If I say I don't agree with that rule, they can ban me for that?

Of course not, but if I break that rule can they ban me? Yes.

Does the TOS state I am unable to disagree now?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

@Nightsurge

Read my above post.

People are seriously misunderstanding.

I said I do not agree. Nowhere did I ever mention that I would break them. I only believe it should be different.

I also do not pay for XBox LIVE.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

The thing is, if you disagree with the ToS, you would not be given the opportunity to break them. So your choice to not break them is irrelevant.

Euphoria14 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:

No, I don't. Disagreeing does not mean I am going to break them. If I say I don't agree with that rule, they can ban me for that?

Most eulas/tos use "I agree" for the yes box. So you have already agreed to them. You are unable to "disagree", because if you do that's when the suspensions/bans will come.

But we are arguing semantics here.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:

Most eulas/tos use "I agree" for the yes box. So you have already agreed to them. You are unable to "disagree", because if you do that's when the suspensions/bans will come.

Semantics are a pain, guys, totally not worth it.

I think both of you know what the other is saying. You can be against a rule but still agree to abide by it.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:

It is truly something that is hard for me to explain. It is like when I signed up for LIVE for Netflix.

I did not agree with everything in the TOS, this is the case with most TOS/EULAS that I come across, I never agree with everything contained within them. I still hit the agree button anyways and follow the rules set in place because I am not going to deprive myself of something due to one rule I am in not in agreement on.

Currently playing:

Khuutra said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Euphoria14 said:

Semantics are a pain, guys, totally not worth it.

I think both of you know what the other is saying. You can be against a rule but still agree to abide by it.

Thank you. That was all I was trying to say.

Currently playing: