By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should Brett Charge A One Time $5 Fee To Post In Forums??

No. If people want to support the site they click on the ads occasionally (I do.)

Around the Network

I assume we can all pay with VGChartz money...

Nah. that would require everyone to have a credit card that they don't mind using on the internet, which eliminates 90% of people under 18, and a ton of people. Also, the way you get someone to the site is that they see a cool conversation going on and want to instantly join in, no questions asked.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

To further elaborate on my idea we could do something cool like have some nifty tags under our usernames as well.

I made these back when I was Mod at QJ.net forums. It was a cool idea and they still use them today.

Of course it wouldn't say QJ on the tag and Global Mod wouldn't be used.

With a "pay for no ads" service nobody will feel forced to get it in order to enjoy all the site has to offer. It would be completely optional.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I don't think having a fee to sign up would be a good idea. It would send a lot of people away and for the younger posters their parents would have to approve it.

I wouldn't be against Brett putting up a donate button though so anyone who wanted to could help out with site funding and to show Brett that we appreciate the work that he does.

Around the Network

errmmmm NO!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

This is a terrible idea. Between those unwilling to pay for "the principle" of it, those unable to pay, and those who just wouldn't bother, you'd see this site really drop off in traffic very quickly.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

Hows about a big fat no. Or even better, a big fat NO

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I'm adding "Eliminating Most of the Under 18 crowd" as a positive!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

That'll be a no then. That'd end my infrequent posting, and I'd certainly visit less if I wasn't able to post. Silly idea if you're looking to build a community and entice visiters to the site.