By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 CPU and Cell are fairly equal according to Dave Shippy

nen-suer said:
BrayanA said:
nen-suer said:
Lets see best graphics on console
Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 , GOW 3 , Heavy Rain (All unique engines)

so i don't get it if xbox360 is FAIRLY close to ps3 but easier to program for, and yet its biggest achievement is games using the out dated UR3 engine...hmm....what?

Building unique engine for every single game is not a smart move. It cost extra money and time.

Thats the point, if u want something different and unique u have to pay money and work hard, it may come as a surprise to u but most great game makers care about the games more than the profit.

Kojima didnt want MSG4 because of that (u know how much money they could have make?)

Games like ICO and SOTC were simply art and not for every one but they where very great

Believe me if u dont love what u do u will never make some thing people will remember, thats go for all spect in life.

When GeOW 3 comes we forget 2, but games like Metal gear 1-4, FF7, Legend of Dragoon, Valkyria Chronicle cant be forgotten.

Halo sold alot but no one play it any more because 3 is out but there always people playing an Old FF or Metal Gear game

And you're basing this off of what? There's a reason Halo:CE was released for DL on the 360. It's a popular game - and people do still go back to experience what was an amazing game with a great storyline. You're statement is an assumption based on the fact that you're a fanboy, and of course noone can go back and play games that you're not a fan of.

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
BrayanA said:
Gh0st4lifE said:
360s' CPU FAIRLY EQUAL TO PS3s' CPU

PS3s' GPU FAIRLY EQUAL TO 360s' GPU

360 is easier to program

BRs' transfer rate < DVDs'

-------------------------------

What else ?

Fixed

Transfer rate ''HD DVD < DVD < CD''

Wii easier to program than Xbox360

Fixed ver 2.00

lolwut Wii and 360 both use DVDs.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

nen-suer said:
Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 , GOW 3 , Heavy Rain (All unique engines)

so i don't get it if xbox360 is FAIRLY close to ps3 but easier to program for, and yet its biggest achievement is games using the out dated UR3 engine...hmm....what?

Thinking teh same thing.

Behold teh RSX CELL XDR MEMORY

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Ascended_Saiyan3 owns this thread

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

@haxxiy: Where did you get the data on the number of transistors on each CPU?

Of course these claims should be read with a critical mind. The Cell is different from 360's CPU in several ways, it has more cores and is much better for many kinds of scientific applications. Maybe he was talking about it from a game performance perspective.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Remind me again how many times this has been said? I don't know about you guys but I got it a long time ago... Funny thing is; Sony partially financed the development of the 360's CPU!

nen-suer said:

I know it's easy to over look, but it's storage. Yes the DVD transfer rate maybe higher than say BR, but the qaulity of texture can be a lot better. There are factors to take into account. 360 can make textures look better than PS3, but the PS3 can have hands down better textures.

It seems strange, but after a certain res. You won't notice the difference as much. The CPU only process vector math and by the IBM designer claims both systems will make little relevance to gap. What is prized in graphics is texture fill and processing not vector math. So when you see the questioned "better" looking games what you are mostly looking at is the games textures.

so
360 = texture effects
PS3 = better textures

appealing hardcore definition of better graphics = texture qaulity

So yes a game that is designed from the ground up for the PS3 will likely support and use higher textures. While multi plat games will in all likely hood use the same textures. The fact that PS3 fans get miffed that multi games don't look much better if at all on the PS3 just proves this.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I thought we already knew this....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Beat a Dead Horse?

NJ5 said:

@haxxiy: Where did you get the data on the number of transistors on each CPU?

Of course these claims should be read with a critical mind. The Cell is different from 360's CPU in several ways, it has more cores and is much better for many kinds of scientific applications. Maybe he was talking about it from a game performance perspective.

Here you get about PS3, both CPU and GPU (which stands fairly equal at 300 million).

And here about the X360's CPU.