By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Anno Wii screenshots

http://purenintendo.com/2009/02/23/first-anno-wii-screens/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I like the choice the developer made to go with a more cartoony artstyle for this game, one similar to the DS version. Also, the fact that it's already rated in Germany means it's likely coming soon.

I also just realized that Ubisoft is bringing/has brought several high-quality Wii games. Meme's over, I suppose.

Around the Network

what is this french game :O

never heard of this

nice. i had one of the first anno games (i think it was called something like anno 1602 A.D.) for the pc, and i played the heart out of that game. i never got to play any online versus with anybody, but i never really wanted to. i didn't really try to fight the cpu's, i would just build my cities and make trade routes with them.

i played it like a colonization themed simcity.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Phoenix_Wiight said:
what is this french game :O

Nein!

11ht11 said:
never heard of this

Es ist...

Er, that is, it's a colonization strategy game, with roots on the PC. Anno 1701 is the latest in that series (and pretty awesome, might I add). It also had a DS version that released not too long ago.

vonboy said:

i played it like a colonization themed simcity.

That's usually how I do it too. But then, that's how I try to play Civ IV too. I guess I'm just a peaceful man who detests conflict. lol

Around the Network

The screens look great. This is some kind of strategy/sim game? Manage your caribbean colony?

Edit: Nevermind, that's exactly what it is.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Never heard of this before.

I like the the art-style though.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

and noname, did you ever play 1602 A.D on the pc? is the newest one better?

i was thinking of maybe getting it, and i'm pretty sure my shitty pc can run it since the game is a few years old i think.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Hopefully it's at least as deep as the DS game, which was pretty fantastic. I'm pretty impressed with the visuals too. If you're at all into strategy games, this one will be one to look out for.

If you're wondering what kind of game it is, they're usually pretty similar to the Caesar/Pharaoh or the Settlers series. Great games. :)

vonboy said:
and noname, did you ever play 1602 A.D on the pc? is the newest one better?

i was thinking of maybe getting it, and i'm pretty sure my shitty pc can run it since the game is a few years old i think.

I preferred 1701, although it is pretty graphics-intensive. Still, if your PC can handle that, 1602 shouldn't pose a problem. It's definitely not as refined as its sequels, but if you need to feed that hunger 1602 should do it. In some ways, I actually appreciate its (relative) simplicity, to be honest, and the fact that the combat AI hasn't evolved much since then is mildly amusing.

famousringo said:

The screens look great. This is some kind of strategy/sim game? Manage your caribbean colony?

Edit: Nevermind, that's exactly what it is.

You may also enjoy Tropico (the original). Manage your modern Caribbean island...as its dictator. It has many of the same ideas as this game, but is simpler/more streamlined, while also being much tougher. Plus, inviting in the Reds and then taunting Uncle Sam is always fun (or become a sell-out capitalist pig-dog. That's what I usually do. Yanqui dollars for the win!)