By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Sony Ps3, March 23 2007 to February 23 2009 RIP

Aj_habfan said:
I had the same problem - Sent it in to be fixed - Got the exact same PS3 back. You''ll be fine.

me too. launch 60 stopped reading discs in august. sent it out and got it back. whole process took like 3 weeks and i had my same system that i sent it. WRITE DOWN YOUR SERIAL so you know.

Around the Network
Hyams said:
Lol, mine broke yesterday as well, and it's a launch 60GB too.

It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you.

Stop scaring me!

That sucks dude. I hope yu can get it remedied as soon as possible.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Daddo Splat said:
my nephews went out his mom my sister bought the warranty at target but can find the reciept so he has not gotten it fixed for 6 months still.
I told her to call sony they might have fixed it free but NOOO. they wait until its to late to call idiots.

And my friend the conradonator lets his son play they leave it on all night in the game menu and it wont read blurays or games either.

Iam like telling him turn it off if your not using it, folding@home is onething but leaving it in a game menu were the reader is on is not smart.

I knock on wood as my launch 60 gig preorder from gamestop still is ticking.
ty Jesus ty Tom Cruise ty Oprah winphrey,ty jewish guy.

for not letting the fire get my laser ps3.

Jesus is a jewish guy.

they will send you the same 60gig back.

i had that problem a good while back whilst playing vegas 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

i don't know if this will make you feel better but my 60 gig is still working fine and i'll be enjoying killzone 2 during spring break i will also try to get 200 hours of play time before i go back to school if that even possible

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Xen said:
Send it to Sony. You'll receive the same exact console back...

This. Exact same thing happened to my friend's 60gb PS3.

Hope those lasers don't become to much more of an issue, then Sony fans will have problems making fun of the 360 and its RROD.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

are mate i feel sory for you kid. you really do have my sympathy. yiu no what happened to me though,

my 60gb ps3 got stolen just before MGS4 Launch.

i have a 40bg ps3 now. I want me BC ps3 again

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Same thing happened to me a while ago, I have a 60GB. Looks like the PS3 isn't so reliable after all, 60GB models seems to be dropping like flies these days. You're in the UK so Sony will probably send you a refurb for free (same model), that's what they did for me. I'm pretty sure the refurbs are just fine, I doubt Sony would be allowed to send people faulty/dodgy units as replacements, that doesn't sound legal.