By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Sony Ps3, March 23 2007 to February 23 2009 RIP

Lol, mine broke yesterday as well, and it's a launch 60GB too.

It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you.

Around the Network

They'll give you your system back bro.

4 ≈ One

unfortunately my ps3 is dead to..

its refusing to read anything and its driving me crazy..

its an 80 gig with BC and all the sd card slots also..

second time this happened..

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

That sucks. Just a few days away from Killzone 2, no less.

Sorry for your loss, dude.

That sucks dude. A laser can be replaced without changing the console. I'm pretty sure sony can fix that without sending you a new one.

I have a 60 gb as well and I got the yellow light of death. they couldn't fix mine so they sent me another one. The thing is, it was brand new or at least looked that way and was still a good ol' 60gb. I specifically told the guy on the phone that didn't want any other ps3 model though.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

I really don't think a bad laser is that much of a problem fix, I just remembered that when my cousin's ps2 stopped reading discs, he actually bought a new laser for like $15 and was even able to install it himself. I did some googling and it seems like you can even buy ps3 lasers as well.

In the case of my ps3, it wasn't even turning on anymore.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
I really don't think a bad laser is that much of a problem fix, I just remembered that when my cousin's ps2 stopped reading discs, he actually bought a new laser for like $15 and was even able to install it himself. I did some googling and it seems like you can even buy ps3 lasers as well.

Blu-ray lasers will cost like $80, and it's quite the complicated process. If you still have a warranty, it will void that as well.

Oh f**** hell, two days before KZ2 release ... Ouch! I'm sorry dude!

Aj_habfan said:
Pristine20 said:

Blu-ray lasers will cost like $80, and it's quite the complicated process. If you still have a warranty, it will void that as well.

What I meant by that post was that sony should be able to fix his ps3 without sending a different one since it isn't completely broken.

Isn't the warranty out? I'd just buy a replacement blu-ray drive off of ebay, since I like to tinker with hardware.