By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost Planet 2 Screenshots look awesome / discuss the graphics

It's a 360 exclusive and it's 40% done
http://neocrisis.com/content/view/3684/39/

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Slimebeast said:
Oh people, so many of you that can't see the difference between a trailer and in-game graphics.

The screens are from the trailer and the trailer is pre-rendered. Those grafix are far too detailed to be in-game. Just look at the character models.

If that was in-game, Lost Planet 2 would easily be the best looking game this gen. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Dude you have no idea what are you talking about. It is already confirmed everything shown was 100 percent gameplay, the director, same guy that did RE5 said EVERYTHING SHOWN HERE IS GAMEPLAY. not just in-game but ACTUAL gameplay. So yeah do some research next time.

Do you have proof?

BenVTrigger said:
Slimebeast said:
Oh people, so many of you that can't see the difference between a trailer and in-game graphics.

The screens are from the trailer and the trailer is pre-rendered. Those grafix are far too detailed to be in-game. Just look at the character models.

If that was in-game, Lost Planet 2 would easily be the best looking game this gen. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Dude you have no idea what are you talking about. It is already confirmed everything shown was 100 percent gameplay, the director, same guy that did RE5 said EVERYTHING SHOWN HERE IS GAMEPLAY. not just in-game but ACTUAL gameplay. So yeah do some research next time.

Instead of doing any research I just watched the trailer.

At 7:06: "The trailer is made almost entirely from real in-game so it should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from Lost Planet 2" (emphasis mine).

So no, not everything shown is 100 percent gameplay. I think you can see a difference in the water rendering when the squads are approaching by boat between an earlier scene from a distance and a later one, much more zoomed in, where the water was not as good.

But even if it was all in-game? I don't understand the commotion. Gears 1/2 and Uncharted look alot better. I liked the swamp environment, but the models are average and their animations pitiful, the dynamic lighting very poor as well as the particle effects (just look at the muzzle flashes from the mechs and the water splashes). Texturing seems decent, but nothing to write home of.

Plus, but that's very subjective, I don't like the weird full-screen-ripple effect when a big explosion blinds the camera nor the overdone harsh bloom/hdr-like effect that, just like in RE5, seems to compress every hilight into blinding white.

edit: fixed typo

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

New screenshots released. You can find them HERE:

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv02-2009-gamefront/4210.html

this game looks great to me.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...