By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBL gold member get discounts!

I think this is the next step M$ needs to take to make Gold Membership more inviting, and add more capability to silver membership to entice them into going gold. 

"Microsoft is bringing discounts to Xbox LIVE. Starting today, Xbox LIVE Gold members get discounts that range from 25 percent to 50 percent on Arcade titles, DLC, Xbox Originals and other LIVE content.

This week's deal is Braid, now available at a 33 percent discount for 800 Microsoft Points. This deal will only last one week.

Later this month will see Gold member deals for Ninja Gaiden II DLC, Project Gotham Racing 4 DLC and Xbox classic Fable.

Microsoft trailed this last December with the Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack.'

http://kotaku.com/5158499/xbox-live-gold-members-getting-weekly-deals

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Glad they're bringing back the Deal of the Week. That was a cool thing.

Except for the time I stupidly bought Bomberman Live the day before it was discounted.

thats pretty cool. The Xbox original games are so expensive. About time they drop some of them.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

NICE I will pick up Braid pretty soon. Great news. I just played the demo and loved it. but 15€ was quite a bit. so this will be great. Looking forward to other special offers

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

This spurred my to buy Braid, its currently in my download queue!

Around the Network

I wish Death Tank would go on sale I have 800 points >

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

I will now be buying Braid!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

800 pts pretty much ends any debate on if Braid is worth it.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Now thats what i'm talking about....this makes having a Gold account even more worth the money...

Look at the Game Informer/Gamestop edge card...you pay $10, and you get a magazine, and discounts on every used game trade-in or purchase...and they get a TON of members. M$ needs to look at making the gold membership a must have...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder