By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Official VGC Poll: What's your favorite genre? (The Finals)

What is your favorite genre? (The Finals)

Action/Adventure 283 20.84%

Platformer 118 8.69%

Racer 291 21.43%

RPG 439 32.33%

Shooter 165 12.15%

Strategy 62 4.57%

Total:1,358

RPG :)

Around the Network

I picked Action-Adventure because most WRPGs, some JRPGS, and alot of my favorite series(metroid,zelda). Only a few types of RPGs I wouldn't classify as Action-Adventure. Those are turnbased rpgs(pretty much dumbed down strategy games) and a few WRPG(mostly older ones, alot of the newer ones are either hybrids or fit into the Action-Adventure genre). Seeing I probably have more favorite games including this definition than my other choice(Turn based Rpgs) I decided Action-Adventure.

I'm voting Strategy because it'll never win

RPG

it was a hard call for me but i went for platformer over action/adventure. the results are really quite different than i would have guessed. xD

Around the Network

Action/adventure.

Edit:

It'd be nice if you listed the finalists in the OP.  For a guy like me that didn't know these polls existed until now, I was lucky I happened to pick something eligible.  :P

Action/Adventure.

It was extremely hard to pick, but in the end it came down to one thin: The amazing feeling of hype and excitement when a new Zelda game gets announced and then comes out. There's nothing in video games that even comes close for me.

makingmusic476 said:

Action/adventure.

Edit:

It'd be nice if you listed the finalists in the OP.  For a guy like me that didn't know these polls existed until now, I was lucky I happened to pick something eligible.  :P

um...you do know where the poll is, right?

wfz said:

Action/Adventure.

It was extremely hard to pick, but in the end it came down to one thin: The amazing feeling of hype and excitement when a new Zelda game gets announced and then comes out. There's nothing in video games that even comes close for me.

I'll be fine with RPGs winning, but only because of Mother.

i voted for rpgs because they r AWESOME