By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid prime 3: Corruption IGN review is IN! Check inside!

Atmosphere and art style seem to be on eof the best of ANY game, high-def or not, period. Awesome. Exactly what I wanted to hear!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

lol, check out the avg user score: 4,7 :P

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Metroid 9.5 ign and 9 from 1up
Biohock 9.7 ign and 10 form 1up.

It will be fun to see what sales look like.

Um, my Wii isn't dusty... My PS3 is.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

RolStoppable said:
Wojtas said:
lol, check out the avg user score: 4,7 :P

That's not the score for the game, it's the score for the review.

Pfff, stupid know-it-all. Thinks he's so smart...nah just kidding. Actually that would explain  a bit

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

amazing how good those screenshots look compared to the ones that Nintendo released.

How come IGN could release great looking screenshots and Nintendo couldn't?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I just finished the video review from IGN. Some of their thoughts:

- They both agree it's the best game in the Prime series. They weren't comfortable rating it as high as the first because it wasn't as revolutionary though.

- The Wii version of the achievement system for the game is very rewarding, and adds some great replay value to the game.

- The controls are the best controls for a shooter on a console. They do not surpass mouse and keyboard, but they surpass any dual analog setup.

- The graphics and environments are gorgeous. They said it had perhaps an even more epic feel than the first, with some amazingly creative environments that are like nothing you will ever see elsewhere. Because of the fact that there are multiple planets and other locations they are much more diverse than the other Prime games (or any game for that matter).

- The boss fights are incredible, and some of the most epic boss battles of all time. The last boss they felt was a little bit too easy compared to some of the other bosses, but they commented that it was still very cinematic and epic.

- The voice acting is very high quality, and the addition really helps with the pacing of the game. Overall they say the pacing is much better, but the Prime staples of exploration and backtracking are NOT gone, just streamlined. For example, you can backtrack much easier by flying your ship around to different areas.

- They had one major complaint. Apparently there is a fetch quest near the end of the game that kind of kills the pacing. I get the feeling if this hadn't been there the score would have gone up .1 or .2.

Overall they say it's the best game on the Wii yet, and it does prove that the Wii can truly revolutionize shooters. They insist that everyone who likes shooters OR adventure games buy the game.

RolStoppable said:

I think Matt should have done his homework:

Moreover, it's much easier to traverse the lands because there is now an on-screen 3D map in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen -- in preceding games, you had to load a map screen.

Metroid Prime (left picture), Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (middle picture), Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (right picture)

So this essentially means he doesn't know at all what he is talking about and shouldn't be allowed to review an important game like Corruption.

Oh give the guy a break lol.  It's been a long time since those games.

RolStoppable said:

I think Matt should have done his homework:

Moreover, it's much easier to traverse the lands because there is now an on-screen 3D map in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen -- in preceding games, you had to load a map screen.

Metroid Prime (left picture), Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (middle picture), Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (right picture)

So this essentially means he doesn't know at all what he is talking about and shouldn't be allowed to review an important game like Corruption.

All 3 of the games look the same from the screenshots.

All 3 of the games look the same from the screenshots.

I'm impressed. It's a new record. You have only posted twice on this site, and BOTH of them were ridiculous senseless trolling. Of course they look the same... those screenshots are shrunk down to 1/10th of their actual resolution. You might as well go ahead and leave the boards. At this rate you'll be banned in under 24 hours.