By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Awesome PS3 deal at Best Buy THIS WEEK ONLY

This week when you purchase a PS3 at Best Buy you will receive a $50 gift card and a free copy of either Guitar hero III: Legends of Rock or Guitar Hero: Aerosmith! Sounds like a good deal to me! That basically cuts its prict to $300 so if you consider that equivalent to a price cut dont hold back!

I would get this (definately) but I already have a 60gb. This is a good option for those who have been holding off, though.

Around the Network

yeah, if i were thinking about getting one, this would be the perfect opportunity

i say do it if you have the cash

Sweet deal for anyone who doesn't have a PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

tedsteriscool said:

This week when you purchase a PS3 at Best Buy you will receive a $50 gift card and a free copy of either Guitar hero III: Legends of Rock or Guitar Hero: Aerosmith! Sounds like a good deal to me! That basically cuts its prict to $300 so if you consider that equivalent to a price cut dont hold back!

I would get this (definately) but I already have a 60gb. This is a good option for those who have been holding off, though.

I've seen Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith go for 30 dollars, so it's more like a 320 dollar PS3, but still a good deal since the 80GB doesn't come with a game.  BTW is this deal going for the 160GB?  Cause then it's like 2 free games and 50 dollars which could get you another game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Not bad considering that Killzone 2 launches this upcoming Friday.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
tedsteriscool said:

I've seen Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith go for 30 dollars, so it's more like a 320 dollar PS3, but still a good deal since the 80GB doesn't come with a game.  BTW is this deal going for the 160GB?  Cause then it's like 2 free games and 50 dollars which could get you another game.

I think this deal only applies to the 80gb but calling would be the only way to really find out.

@Illegal: Yes, this is perfect timing. I wonder if this deal was Sony's idea. Plus, this weeks ad has PS3 right on the front, about 1/4 of the inside of the front page, and another full page halfway through the ad. Could Sony be...advertising? Really?!

Sounds pretty awesome if you like Guitar Hero.

4 ≈ One

I wonder if this will bump sales up in the Americas a little this week?

tedsteriscool said:
I wonder if this will bump sales up in the Americas a little this week?

doubt it as one retailer doing a sale for a short amount of time like a week doesn't get out to the masses, it will sell a bit better but don't expect ten thousand extra sales.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Thats too bad, then.

Target also offers $50 gift cards when you buy either a PS3 or 360. I never knew of this but I guess it has been going on for a while now. They really need to get this information out more effctively (commercials?).