By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rainbird reviews: Mirror's Edge (PS3)

You could be right, though it makes you wonder just how much time DICE actually had to make the game, or just how big the team was.

Considering BF:BC came out last summer, I think it is safe to say that ME was only the biggest priority for DICE a couple of months before it released. The production values should reflect this, as the overall quality of the game does as well, and I think EA is willing to make a sequel because, even though the game has a lot of shortcomings, its sales proved... "sturdy" I guess you could say (though still below expectations).

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
You could be right, though it makes you wonder just how much time DICE actually had to make the game, or just how big the team was.

Considering BF:BC came out last summer, I think it is safe to say that ME was only the biggest priority for DICE a couple of months before it released. The production values should reflect this, as the overall quality of the game does as well, and I think EA is willing to make a sequel because, even though the game has a lot of shortcomings, its sales proved... "sturdy" I guess you could say (though still below expectations).

Sales were below expectations but I think the game was profitable enough for a sequel since it probably didn't cost that much to make being a game using UE3.  Mirror's Edge was a very good game but could have been so much more in several areas, especially story which wasn't that great which was unforunate because the story showed serious promise.

Riachu said:
Rainbird said:

Sales were below expectations but I think the game was profitable enough for a sequel since it probably didn't cost that much to make being a game using UE3.  Mirror's Edge was a very good game but could have been so much more in several areas, especially story which wasn't that great which was unforunate because the story showed serious promise.

Exactly my point

I probably should have downloaded the demo first because I really hated the gameplay at first but after a while it became more enjoyable. At the end of the day though I'll never touch this game again.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

Better than mrbubbles' reviews, I'll give you that.

I personally strongly disliked Mirror's Edge. Damned super bloom, disorienting camera and terrible gun controls!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective