By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predictions and requests for GTA 5 Location,Exclusivity,Features,Sales ?

NinjaKido said:

Release

"January 2009 update: After rumors circulating on the internet, Rockstar confirmed that there would be no GTA5 in 2009. While most companies don’t respond to rumors, Rockstar probably thought it would damage sales of their two upcoming GTA4 downloadable episodes (the 1st in February, the 2nd in October), which they are still working on. As a result 2010 is looking more logical for GTA5."

There's no information that i've found on the location of GTA 4 but here are the historical locations, i've tried to get them in order but I might be wrong

Grand Theft Auto 1

Liberty City

London

Grand Theft Auto 3

Vice City

San Andreas

Chinatown

Grand Theft Auto 4

Liberty City

Based on the historical information , GTA games are usualy based in urban and relativley built up and wealthy locations which could rule out quite a few undeveloped countries s .... i'm guessing it could be Tokyo or London but it's really anyones guess.

Exclusivity

I think it'll be multiplatform unless Rockstar really feel they can't work with the DVD anymore , of course money talks more than specifications do.

""One of the problems with the 360, and it affects games like Grand Theft Auto if you think about how much content we put in the actual machine, is the fact that they don't have a significantly larger storage medium than the previous systems. It's a slightly bigger DVD disc," Houser told 1up."

Features

I thik GTA 5 will be more arcadey than GTA 4 was , I think it'll return back to it's roots with parachutes , purchasable homes , less gritty and dark possibly . Alot of the best things about san andreas where either messed up ( phone calls every 5 FRIGGIN MINUTES , I don't wanna date ffs or get killed every time I crash my bike ).

Sales

If Rockstar fails to innovate I think their sales will fall short of GTA 4's which is at 12.19m ( but could very well end up at 13.5-14.5 or possibly even more , i'm not sure how well this GTA's legs will be) one thing I think might be certain is that it'll never meet San andreas's 19.65 M , it apears that the GTA franchise will continue to decline without something new and refreshing added into the mix , i'm guessing it'll do 7-9 million lifetime if things continue as they have done.

Any other hunches , ideas , requests you might have for GTA 5 guys ?

Release

I think it'll be released mid-late 2010, definitely early 2011

Vice City. I have a feeling they're going to do strange cycles with LC, VC, and SA

but I'd prefer something new like Chicago or Vegas

I doubt they're gonna use London because GTA london SUCKED BALLS and because of the getaway

Exclusivity

I can actually see it a ps3 exclusive because of size but I could also see it multiplat for the money. I see it more of an exclusive though

Features

I think they're going to mix in GTA IV's grittines along with SA's acradey fun but they won't put too much arcadey. I think they might bring back everything that made GTA bad ass (not to say that is isn't) like parachutes, buying property, two guns (hitman level, 2 pistols, 2 shotguns etc.) Airplanes, Traveling to other cities and underwater swimming. And maybe you can do things like get drunk without going with a buddy. I think they might make GTA 5 funnier than 4

Sales

If they combine GTA IV's grittiness with SA's arcadiness and they manage to advertise alot like they did with GTA IV or better, they might make more sales

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network

id say set in all three cities not as graphical maybe more cartoonish exclusive on the wii selling around 20 million units. and have all the ps3 and xbox360 fanboys crying.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

I'd love another GTA: San Andreas. But this time, the game starts in San Fierro, with an Asian as the Protagonist. xD

GTA: Russia

4 ≈ One

superbeast1370 said:
Vice City. I love the 80s. San Andreas was wayyy to damn ghetto.

This

Around the Network

I would actually like the next gta stay in liberty city and be a direct sequel that kinda follows the events of gta iv only with you playing a different character.

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

GTA: Toronto, Canada!

or realistically GTA: Vice City or Chi-Town.

PS3 Exclusive is a possibility but thats only if the rumor about Rockstar wanting to put every single GTA Map on one game turned out to be true

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

GTA: Jerusalem.

Munkeh111 said:
HoodFigga said:
Soriku said:
GTA: Tokyo

Featuring Yakuza

First really big selling GTA game in Japan

I think Tokyo would be the best setting for this game. I also think that Rockstar should have a poll with a list of cities, and let the users decide which city they would like.

I hope they don't do it for this game, as that would mean they have not started work yet! Hopefully they can do it for future games, though the larger the city the more likely it is to win (though NYC might not get such an advantage or even be a contestant)

Yeah your'e right. They probably shouldn't do the poll thing this time around as it would delay the game . I do like the idea of larger cities.  Although many ppl complained  about the size of San Andreas, you can't deny there was something in there for every GTA fan to like.

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

Location: I'm gonna bet It's going to have 3 cities, maybe Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans? (Maybe the whole east coast if they go ps3 exclusive)

Platform: PS360 (360 on 2-3 disks, however install rectifies disk swapping.)

Features: Lots of back country like San Andreas had.

Sales: Will match GTA4 - provided its a better game.