By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Petition for Nintendo to make a Japanese Training game.

Wow, lots of petitions lately...

I signed it, hope it works. I would buy a DS for this.

Are there any other language training games for the DS?

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

I did not buy a DS to learn a language. That's just stupid. No offense, but if your only reason for buying a DS is to buy an inferior language learning game, than wow, you don't know what being a gamer is.

Talking specifically to ssj.

MontanaHatchet said:

I did not buy a DS to learn a language. That's just stupid. No offense, but if your only reason for buying a DS is to buy an inferior language learning game, than wow, you don't know what being a gamer is.

Talking specifically to ssj.

....  Serious, it would help a lot of people with their study.

I guess. But for $40 or so more, you could buy Rosetta Stone and learn Japanese that way. Rosetta Stone, of course, being used by NASA and the Department of Homeland Security.

I'm just saying, if it's only for a language training game, it's pretty pointless. If you plan to buy other games, than it's a fine purchase. Kind of like middle aged women buying a DS for Brain Training.

Sorry if I seemed harsh.

MontanaHatchet said:
I guess. But for $40 or so more, you could buy Rosetta Stone and learn Japanese that way. Rosetta Stone, of course, being used by NASA and the Department of Homeland Security.

I'm just saying, if it's only for a language training game, it's pretty pointless. If you plan to buy other games, than it's a fine purchase. Kind of like middle aged women buying a DS for Brain Training.

Sorry if I seemed harsh.

That almost seems like you simply are having sour grapes over Nintendo embracing the casual market.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Sorry if I seemed harsh.

I don't know Rosetta stone so I don't know what it is :s.

It is a course on school?  Is it a book to do selfstudy?

Look to Okami, I am sure if you had to write the kanji of fire, moon etc   you would know 
them after a time.

If they can make a game like this it would already help a lot with your Kanji.

There is a Knuckles game where you have to learn Japanese (kanji) hirigana, Katakana and 
after a week playing this game with friends I know many who can write now more than 100 Kanji
I know it is still kanji but I am sure you could do the same with grammar.

Oh goodness....

I have sour grapes over people who are stupid enough to pay $130 for a DSLite and then buy one Brain Training game. I don't care if they're a 7 year old boy or 77 year old woman.

As for Rosetta Stone...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Stone_%28software%29

There, my job's done. 

Signed...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

MontanaHatchet said:

Oh goodness....

I have sour grapes over people who are stupid enough to pay $130 for a DSLite and then buy one Brain Training game. I don't care if they're a 7 year old boy or 77 year old woman.

You don't have to call them stupid because they want this.

What if I buy the Rosetta stone thing (thx for the information) and the DS lite with
 one game I am stupid to?

In fact you call all Japanese stupid because they buy the Kanji game on their DS while they 
can learn it on schools. 

Middle aged women do buy the DS for brain training... I know a 15 yr old girl who wants 2 buy a DS for brain training...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man