By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X-Play's 'Star Ocean: The Last Hope' Review

pbroy said:

That girl's voice that did the review was hot.

The voices in the game, meanwhile... ugh!

Around the Network
badgenome said:
pbroy said:

That girl's voice that did the review was hot.

The voices in the game, meanwhile... ugh!

Other than Meracle, Welch, and Sarah, I thought the voices I heard so far were pretty competent.

good review¡¡¡.

Edit: added txt review

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Riachu said:
Glad to know they liked the game. Kind of suprised they liked the story even though they hated the voice acting and dialogue. They thought the story in Crisis Core was terrible because "the dialogue is poorly written and delivered".

There's no way the dialogue in SO: Last Hope can be worse than Crisis Core . Pretty much everything was pure whining and senseless lines from a poem that just makes me want to shout 'cheer up emo kid'. Also they talked about the plot not making sense.

OT: This review sold me the game. I'm going to have loads of fun with those sexual innuendos. Combat looks ace.

Around the Network
Mirson said:
Riachu said:
Glad to know they liked the game. Kind of suprised they liked the story even though they hated the voice acting and dialogue. They thought the story in Crisis Core was terrible because "the dialogue is poorly written and delivered".

There's no way the dialogue in SO: Last Hope can be worse than Crisis Core . Pretty much everything was pure whining and senseless lines from a poem that just makes me want to shout 'cheer up emo kid'. Also they talked about the plot not making sense.

OT: This review sold me the game. I'm going to have loads of fun with those sexual innuendos. Combat looks ace.

Did you think the story in Crisis Core was that bad?  Just asking.

Looks like every aspect in SO4 other than gameplay is going to have varying opinions in the reviews.

Star Ocean just got a 8.5 from teamxbox.com

Mirson said:
Riachu said:

Hmm, I don't think I could disagree more at this point.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The story is boring, imo, and it only got interesting until the very end (the ending is great). The dialogue made no sense, and every time Genesis appears, he would read that Loveless poem. This happens a lot throughout the game, and he would read the same freaking lines. It didn't make sense until the end, but it was still lame. I did play the original one before playing Crisis Core.

outlawauron said:
Mirson said:
Riachu said:

Hmm, I don't think I could disagree more at this point.

Are you saying SO4's dialogue is worse than Crisis Core's or are you saying that Crisis Core's story was good?