By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vote here for the VGC best games of all time!

1. Final Fantasy III/VI (SNES)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
4. StarCraft (PC/Mac)
5. Metroid Prime (GC)

Oh man that was brutal ... I almost didn't have FFVI on there and then it bitch-slapped its way to the top! SM64 and Diablo II didn't quite make the cut, this time anyway. I should try to put together a more definitive list sometime (personally definitive I mean) instead of inventing the wheel every time I fall for one of these threads. I also need to replay these games.

[edit: Honorable mention: Sonic CD]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

1. Metroid Prime (GC)
2. Super Mario 64 (N64)
3. Pokémon Red/Blue (GB)
4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
5. Paper Mario (N64)

Games that didn't make it: Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Wind Waker, Yoshi's Island...

1. Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
2. Paper Mario (N64)
3. Metroid Prime (NGC)
4. Perfect Dark" (N64)
5. Okami (Wii)

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
2. Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
3. Banjo Kazooie (N64)
4. Civilization (PC)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Although, there are countless games I would add to the list if I had space ... Games like Asteroids, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Battlezone, Tetris, Space Quest, Kings Quest, Police Quest, Mutant League Football, Sonic the Hedgehog,  Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena, Dune 2, etc. are all excellent games which deserve a spot on this list but will be ignored because of the combination of younger gamers who thought videogames started with the PS2 and older gamers who are spoiled for choice.

Goldeneye N64
Ocarina of Time N64
Perfect Dark N64
Shining Force 2 GEN
Shenmue DC

Runners Up

Resident Evil 4
Shining Force
Shenmue 2
Braid
Gran Turismo 3

Around the Network

X-Com: Terror From The Deep (PC)
Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear (PC)
Crono Trigger (SNES)
Halo (360)
Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

GTA san andreas....PS2/xbox
Resident Evil....GC
Pro Evolution Soccer......take your pick
Tomb Raider anniversary......PS2
Ocarina of time......N64

and many more......

Above & Beyond

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Majora's Mask
3. Resident Evil Remake
4. Pokémon Yellow
5. A Link to the Past

1. Earthbound (SNES)
2. Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (PC)
3. Zelda Majora's Mask (N64)
4. Super Mario RPG (SNES)
5. Portal (PC)

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

1. Starcraft (PC)

2. The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)

3. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)

4. Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Sega Mega CD)

5. Shenmue (Dreamcast)

I LOVE ICELAND!