By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 7 Games that changed the World

The list discusses games that changed "the world". Not ones that changed the vg industry, so most of those make sense. Pong was like the first game most people can actually remember the farthest back

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

Take out 5, 6 & 7 and put in Super Mario Bros., Tetris, and The Legend of Zelda.

That list sucks. No GTA 3, Mortal Kombat 1, Tetris, Street Fighter 2. But all the things on the list are pretty big games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I really think Unreal Tournament should be up there, or counter strike, or golden eye, or Halo CE. Also Tetris, sim city, transport tycoon, and tons of others I can't think of right now. I don't see how wii sports has changed the world,

That list is ridiculous.
WoW was a copy of a copy of a copy of an already existing genre.
Super Mario Bros basicaly invented platforming and didn't make the list?
Doom?
I can almost get DDR but Guitar Hero? Guitar Freaks was already in its 12th version or something when Guitar Hero launched.
This list reeks of western bias.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

Actually it strikes me as a pretty good list. If I had any complaint I think it is that Sim City is a more world changing game than Guitar Hero, which is in my mind a continuation of what DDR is. Sim City may not have been a console game but it kicked off the open ended ungame craze.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

LOZ:OoT should be on there, i think that was the first game to have lock on targeting

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

They should put, super mario bros, it revived video games market, also Final Fantasy 7, they created(expanded) JRPG market, outside Japan.

i would say take out ddr and doom and add smb and tetris. ddr was popular, but it didnt really change to much. doom was a game for gamers. tetris is still played and remade and even had a disease. smb is probably the most famous game ever and has affected so many people directly through friends.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

This list is pretty good. It's about video games that changed the world. Not video games that changed the video landscape for video gamers. How did Mario 64 change anything other than the Mario game itself? Same with Final Fantasy VII. It brought a whole new genre to a new region but I don't think it really did much to change the "world" outside of those already in the world of gaming.

This is one of the few lists I agree with. Though the original SMB maybe should have been on it.