By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 7 Games that changed the World

A pretty good list for games that changed the *world* rather than just the VG industry.

I would be tempted to remove World of Warcraft (not visible enough to the general public) and Guitar Hero (ditto), and add instead Tetris and Pokemon, both of them mass phenomena.

On half-a-seconds reflection, scratch Pokemon and put in Tamagotchi. It had a bigger immediate public impact.

Around the Network

1. Pong
2. Pac Man
3. Super Mario Bros
4. Tetris
5. Final Fantasy VII
6. GTA III
7. Wii Sports

It's hard to get it down to 7 really, I think all those games defined their respective 'generation' so to speak.

guitar hero should definitely be taken out. also i think DDR and WoW should be taken out. in their place put super mario bros. and then maybe super mario 64 and zelda:OoT, but you could also go with street fighter 2, or maybe dragon warrior since it started up the modern rpg genre, although i think generally dragon warrior isn't looked at as a huge world changing game. but smb, sm64, z64, and sf2 all are.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

1. pong
2. pac man
3. super mario bros.
4. street fighter 2
5. doom
6. super mario 64
7. wii sports

thats the list i'd go with.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

I'd throw chrono trigger in there 2

Around the Network

wow no mario games??
or Zelda OoT?

list fails//
world of warcraft changed what???
MMO's have been around long before it and are still round now.

hello how are you.

Superrrr MARIOOO BROSSSSS

I would add Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, and Ocarina of Time.

Take out 3 & 4 add Mario and The Sims

Like a lot of people in here, I would add Super Mario bros. I would replace DDR in the list for it.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."