By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 1 and Gears of War 2!!! + What do YOU want in the 3rd Gears?

I would like to see it going multiplat as a next-gen early title.

Around the Network

More of the same, but if they could just remove the part of the game in the dark abandoned factory that I have hated in both games, then I would be far happier

Also, could they make the MP modes fun, I spent 30 hours playing online, it was not that great, though horde was awesome. The MP just needs to be balanced better

I want the third Gears to be an RTS. Gears of War Wars, plz!

I would like to see cool new characters come in this time that DON'T die...

I'm so sick of Damon as well...

Really I liked Gears of War 2 a lot so made a good advancement from the first except for a couple of things. I want a better story progression because Gears 2 just wasn't that great. And of course I want a little more focus on the online section because Gears 2 online has flaws. I know they are fixing it but it's caused myself and my friends just to stop playing it completely.

If they do that then I'd be personally perfectly satisfied.

Around the Network
wfz said:

I dunno, I thought it was pretty impactful when Tai did himself in. And Dizzy might still be alive, right?

And Baird is great, you crazy man!

Wow that was a good post CGI. FOr campaign I want this bad boy to be HUGE in Gears 3. Gears 2 took the battle up a notch for sure but for the 3rd installment I want all out warfare. I'm talking a battlefield with dozens of gears and even more Locust having an all out to the death final battle. Hopefully it is a launch title for the next box so we can see it running on some hardware that can push the game even further and render even more enemies on screen and amazing graphics. Also even though the multiplayer is fun I would like to see a complete overhall for Gears 3's multiplayer.

CGI-Quality said:
badgenome said:
wfz said:

I dunno, I thought it was pretty impactful when Tai did himself in. And Dizzy might still be alive, right?

And Baird is great, you crazy man!

This!!!!! Baird is the greatest

Baird is awesome, he is my chosen MP character, and he better be there through the next game

I think after 3, they need to branch out, I would be quite happy with an RTS as well

Better story in the campaign if possible. Gears of War 2's story was coherent unlike GeoW1's story, but it still suffered from testoserone filled voice acting, dialogue, and attempts at drama that fell flat. Cliff Belinsky(don't know how to spell is last name) should learn more about why MGS4's story works. I'm not saying it should have 45 minute cutscenes but he could still learn plenty from Kojima.

Munkeh111 said:

Baird is awesome, he is my chosen MP character, and he better be there through the next game

I think after 3, they need to branch out, I would be quite happy with an RTS as well

Well there is that rumo r floating around that Epic is planning on making a prequal that shows the story of Marcus fighting in the Pendulom Wars.  Probably wouldn't be a RTS but that certainly is branching out.  It would Human vs Human warfare instead of fighting Locust and could be very very cool.