By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How long until Killzone 3

Well in the next week Sony will deliver Killzone 2 to the world arriving more than three and a half years after its debut at E3 2005.  Given the positive reviews and Sony pride generated by the title I would have to assume that a sequel will be announced to keep the fire stoked shortly after release.  If so, how long do you think it will take for Guerillla Games to deliver another gem? 

Around the Network

Well first of, there will maybe be no killzone 3. If there is a KZ3, I'd say mid 2011 at the earliest.

I say 1-2 years for a killzone 2 if they choose to make it. They have the engine and everything already. Sequels on the same console are generally just a rehash of the first one in a new place with added content.

I think DLC would be a better way to keep it going for a while. Putting out a KZ3 in about 3 years would be a very good idea if they keep up with some ZDLC for KZ2 for the first 2 years.

Xmas 2011

Honestly for a title like this i would just prefer expansions, I have the hard drive for it (500 gig) and I can see some REALLY great expansions and DLC coming from this. I had a thread about a helghast campaign a while back. DLC this title would be perfect, and lots of it. Keep it going.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Playstation 4.

Yeah.. if at all.

well considering K2 isn't even out yet its gonna be a while. 2 years at the absolute minimum probably closer to 3.

Xmas 2010. They have a studio the same size as Insomniac, and they would likely use the same engine (I see no reason to change it), though they do lack experience, hopefully they will have learnt lessons from KZ2 to make the next development far smoother

KylieDog said:
Playstation 4.

OK on that note, I would assume that you are suggesting the PS3 will be scrapped before the "Ten year plan" is up and PS4 released earlier than forecast.  Is that so?

@ city17, the 10 year plan is not ten years until PS4, it is ten years until discontinuation