By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 : PS3 split screen coming HUGE UPDATE

UT3 Titan Pack coming to PS3 and PC

Major expansion to be released in March.

Epic Games has announced the Unreal Tournament 3: Titan Pack, what it describes as a major expansion to Unreal Tournament 3 on PC and PlayStation 3.

Scheduled for release on March 5, the Titan Pack promises a substantial amount of enhanced features and new content, including new environments, new gametypes, the Titan mutator, new characters and the Stealthbender vehicle.

The expansion will also include enhancements to AI, networking performance, UI usability and mod support, plus the addition of 57 PS3 Trophies and Steam Achievements. The Titan Pack also brings client-side demo recording, major Server Browser enhancements, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality to the PC. PS3 gamers will also receive split-screen support and mod browsing in addition to the previously mentioned Trophies.

Titan Pack Includes:

- 16 environments: Four Warfare, three vCTF, six Deathmatch, and three CTF maps - that are new to the PC and PS3 versions

- Three bonus pack maps, CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias

- The namesake Titan mutator, which lets players overwhelm opponents as a 15 foot tall titan, or crush them as a 30 foot tall Behemoth

- Greed and Betrayal, two gametypes that breed new-found fervor throughout the competitive UT3 arena

- Two powerful weapons, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon artillery

- Two valuable deployables, the X-Ray Field and Link Station

- The Slow Field power-up, a portable version of the Slow Field deployable

- Stealthbender, a new vehicle that carries two spidermine trap deployables, one EMP mine, and one each of the new Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables

- Two new characters, Nova and Kana

- 57 awards attainable as Steam Achievements and PS3 Trophies

- Broad improvements for PC and PS3: Significant AI enhancements, especially in vehicle gametypes; networking performance upgrades; greatly improved menu flow and UI usability; better mod support

- Client-side demo recording, highly improved Server Browser, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality for PC

- High demand PS3 features including PS3 Trophy support, two-player split-screen support, and mod browsing

------------------------------------------

i might get this again fo the extra features, i kinda miss the flatwars map.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG. ARE YOU JOKING ME? OK FUCK HOMEWORK I'M CELEBRATING THIS IS LIKE OMFG FOR ME. I CAN'T BELEIVE THIS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG OMG OMG OMG. I love ut3 on ps3 and it's been needing lots of that for so long. Are you serious? Omg omg omg omg omg omg I just jizzed like 7 times in my pants omfg omg.

cheese_man said:
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG. ARE YOU JOKING ME? OK FUCK HOMEWORK I'M CELEBRATING THIS IS LIKE OMFG FOR ME. I CAN'T BELEIVE THIS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG OMG OMG OMG. I love ut3 on ps3 and it's been needing lots of that for so long. Are you serious? Omg omg omg omg omg omg I just jizzed like 7 times in my pants omfg omg.

lol its a pretty big update though

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

no split on PC? sniff

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Wow I just might have to pick this up. I've been on the fence for awhile...

Around the Network

@City17. Do it, it's the most fased paced best shooter ever made with lots and lots of vehicles. Think of halo on a tone of steroids and with cooler weapons and blood.

Wow way to support your games Epic.

This is exactly why I own this fucking game!

Now I even get Trophy support? Splitscreen? Awesome!

Don't care too much for the characters or levels though as I already have over 100+ user created character, levels, mods, etc... on my PS3 hard drive.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

i was wondering is this game worth buying on the ps3, I bought it on pc but alas my awful comp couldnt run it.

Peterisyum said:
i was wondering is this game worth buying on the ps3, I bought it on pc but alas my awful comp couldnt run it.

Absolutely.

You can find it for under $20 most likely and the vast amount of mods, custom levels, custom characters, numerous game types, now split-screen and trophies, excellent graphics, very fast gameplay that is complete mayhem.

Yeah I would say it is 100% worth picking up. If you do send me an invite and i'll play too.

Edit - Oh yeah, another important thing to notice about the PS3 version is that it is also Keyboard and Mouse compatible.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!