By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy is pure genius!!!

Glad to see you liked it. It is still my favorite game of the generation so far.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
How many times have you guys beaten SMG?

Full 242 once (the first 6 days I had it)

then a further 120 with Mario in about June, and another file about 60 stars in.

supermario128 said:
How many times have you guys beaten SMG?

I've beaten it once with all 242 stars, and I have lately been playing my second file in which i have about 80 stars with Mario. The game is even better than i remembered it to be.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Ok so now I have about 100 stars. All but 3 hidden stars obtained so far and I've completed every galaxy save the last place. How many stars are there in total? I don't want to use any faq or anything.

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

Per save file there are 242.... but 121 of those are just the same stars but done with Luigi.

And those extra ones for each character (the 121st) is only unlocked once you have all 120 previous stars for each character.

So you have to get 120 with Mario, then the same 120 with Luigi, then it unlocks a final star to complete with each character.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Per save file there are 242.... but 121 of those are just the same stars but done with Luigi.

And those extra ones for each character (the 121st) is only unlocked once you have all 120 previous stars for each character.

So you have to get 120 with Mario, then the same 120 with Luigi, then it unlocks a final star to complete with each character.

This.

Also, I've almost beaten it 4 times. Twice with Mario, once with Luigi, and I'm on my second time with Luigi right now.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

TWRoO said:
Soriku said:
Sweet, I've gotten the Nintendo community to hate on me! :P

Now you are just like the rest of the Nintendo community.

Now lets get our singing vices on:

"We aaaalllll, haaate, togethaaaaa!"

Is it a kind of parody of "We All Stand Together", by Paul McCartney?

Awesome trailer for the new Ganbare Goemon game, to be released in March, 2009 for... Well, it's a Pachinko machine with a display. Oh, God.

*NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII*:  Now it's gonna happen!!! Thank you so much Nintendo.

Super Mario Galaxy is a wonder to play.

yeah i beat the game only once, 121 stars with Mario + Luigi. I'm thinking of starting again coz i usaully just go back on my completed file and mess around nowadays.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

wfz said:
I nominate Soriku as first in line for being a human sacrifice should we ever need to make one.

Damn a nomination, I am hereby appointing him.