By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy is pure genius!!!

Well, Mario must be in his late 30s (at least).

We have no proof of him doing any excercise between ages 3 and 30.

He probably gained tons of weight back then, and has not lost all of it yet.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Here is something to ponder

Go back and look at some of the elements of two Game Cube games -- Super Mario Sunshine and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

You can see elements of what would be integrated into Galaxy in each. It is interesting to see the concepts in their unfinished form.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
Here is something to ponder

Go back and look at some of the elements of two Game Cube games -- Super Mario Sunshine and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

You can see elements of what would be integrated into Galaxy in each. It is interesting to see the concepts in their unfinished form.

Mike from Morgantown

I havent played them but its interesting you mention that because i also mentioned TP and Link's Magnet boots. Most definetly running upside down was inspired by this first attempt.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Fully agree. Galaxy is top notch.

You'll also love Zack and Wiki. Man it is so fun.

Mario running upside down would have been an idea tha tMiyamoto had when looking at Mario 128 and of course gravity..

Jungle Beat team was responsible for Galaxy so I agree with that - and having the game, I can see where you're coming from :)

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
vanguardian1 said:
SMG + Queen = 0_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOh968qao74&fmt=18

That was awesome.

Indeed! The Tv ad should have been this video.

Awesome trailer for the new Ganbare Goemon game, to be released in March, 2009 for... Well, it's a Pachinko machine with a display. Oh, God.

*NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII*:  Now it's gonna happen!!! Thank you so much Nintendo.

What I have learnt from this thread is Soriku has broken ears.

I have learnt that he is a great comedian. Hey, Soriku, just joking. I respect your opinion.

Awesome trailer for the new Ganbare Goemon game, to be released in March, 2009 for... Well, it's a Pachinko machine with a display. Oh, God.

*NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII*:  Now it's gonna happen!!! Thank you so much Nintendo.

Soriku said:
Sweet, I've gotten the Nintendo community to hate on me! :P

Now you are just like the rest of the Nintendo community.

Now lets get our singing vices on:

"We aaaalllll, haaate, togethaaaaa!"

How many times have you guys beaten SMG?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089