By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi-Are you buying it?

@lastgengamer - Nintendo isn't, they already stated the camera/audio features are more like toys. Something to play around with and extra reason to turn your DS on apart from games. Like the forecast and news channels on the wii.

@xlost7 - it has far more than that my ill-informed friend. A longer and somewhat more comfortable stylus, improved speakers, better wireless (now faster and supports WPA/WPA2), ability to playback/record audio (w/ visualizers and effects) a redesigned UI, reduced weight and thickness and a slightly quicker recharging time. Also DSiWare will be sold through DSshop only. For which you need a DSi.

@montastack - only downloadable content is region-locked, and Nintendo has a couple of good reasons for that. Games on physical media (ie the carts) are not region locked.

@everyone complaining about price - its unavoidable due to the current exchange rate. If it was more favorable then the price probably would have been closer to $150.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Releases on April 3, no price yet. Check Nintendo of Europe's website for the official news item.

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I'm definitely gonna buy one. I may be a fool, but I love throwing my money at Nintendo for new and shiny things.

I really want DSWare to turn out amazing. Downloadable games? I want.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

NintendoMan said:
@tomatito - only downloadable content is region locked and nintendo is tailoring services to individual regions and implementing parental controls so region free would be more trouble than its worth

We don't really know because there are no DSi only games yet, we do know of some DSi bonus options some DS game (think it was a music game) will have when they run on the DSi, will that be region locked also? And regions for online... when we are tending towards a globalized world/network, taking down barriers... but some add them to control them, I understand it, but I get frustrated with regions.

I'd only be interested in the matte finish, online shop (henze the region locking frown) and the better wifi (think its a g this time and not a b which is too slow), but the regular DS games still use WEP. And since the online shop isn't going anywhere, I'm content with my month old DSlite :)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Well, well... I was very much doubting my interest - then I got the Club Ninty email from Nintendo.

I forgot about one big feature: built-in web browser. I really could do with one, and that feature alone tips it towards a purchase for me.

The real test comes when *games* get released on DSWare.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

@tomotito we do know because there are exclusive DSi games - everything on the DSshop is DSi exclusive. Also if your DS is a month old that really don't buy it. Given the price I am expecting the DSi to do poorly which should mean its get cheap quick.

Yeah, I don't need it, still have loads of games to get, I'm eyeing that Layton game. But what I was trying to say were the retail games that will be using the camera, SD, etc, or even the bigger spec this new handheld has. Will those be region locked? Not DSiWare which we know already.

Here are the links:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=66139
For the DS, we’re trying to do something with the DSi, but it’s a big secret. I can’t tell you what we’re doing with it, but the DS and DSi version will be different. It’ll play on both, but the DSi will have more features.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=73136

If they start making exclusive DSi games, the DSi could phase out the DS, same way that happened with the GB/GBC.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

No. I hope sales are bad and nintendo is forced to make it properly next time.

No way.

Yeah well my DS and DSlite are still going strong. But I might still get one if something were too happen to them or a really good exclusive game comes along.
You did spike my interest NintendoMan.