By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Next Kingdom Hearts to be Wii Exclusive

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=407#more-407

The latest rumor on the street is that, the wii is going to be getting some Kingdom Hearts loving from its creators. The first ever Kingdom Hearts game will be announced for the Wii at this years Tokyo Game show.

The previous Kingdom Hearts games has been exclusive to the PS2 with a Gameboy version thrown in. The developers have already confirmed the game will be coming for the next gen consoles.

Not a whole lot of info in that rumor. There isn't much to say on it, but it's worth noting. Also keep in mind the "next Kingdom Hearts" is the spinoff to be announced at TGS.

Around the Network

that would be huuuuuuuuge

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Just glad you stipulated that its a rumor, too many threads with people saying "OMG teh gamez its fer realz coming to da Wiiiiiiz!!!@" and its just a rumor.

Like I recently mentioned in another thread, I hope its true. But until someone actual comes out and makes the official announcement I am not assuming anything.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Hey, we called it.

The Kingdom Hearts spinoff, I thought was for handhelds, which makes me wonder if the rumored game in question is indeed the spinoff or possibly KH3...

EDIT: The comments on that page are sad but hilarious. It wouldn't be the first time I came across someone on a board that actually convinced themselves that Wii somehow had worse graphical capabilities than PS2 (WTF?)

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Sqrl said:
Just glad you stipulated that its a rumor, too many threads with people saying "OMG teh gamez its fer realz coming to da Wiiiiiiz!!!@" and its just a rumor.

Like I recently mentioned in another thread, I hope its true. But until someone actual comes out and makes the official announcement I am not assuming anything.

Rumors are worth noting, as long as people remember that they are rumors.  They obviously should never be taken as fact, but they are interesting and worth keeping track of.

Around the Network

Says a rumor from a games site.

Well, I'm sold.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Hey, we called it.

The Kingdom Hearts spinoff, I thought was for handhelds, which makes me wonder if this is indeed the spinoff or possibly KH3...

The actual quote about Kingdom Hearts being on handhelds is:

"It is not Kingdom Hearts III, but it is an anecdote... I want to explain what Mickey did in the World of Darkness, and also how he got his keyblade... I want to make this [new project] slightly different from the Kingdom Hearts' series, and change the system a little... The multi-developing makes me want to put it on something else... If we follow this idea, it would be hard to choose if to make the game for the "PSP", "NDS" or the cell phone."

So it seemed probable that it would be made on handhelds, but not certain.  I'm almost positive this isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 though, because they were very clear that Kingdom Hearts 3 development would not begin until Final Fantasy Versus XIII was completed, which won't be until the end of 2008 (in Japan).  Meaning the game wouldn't even be shown until E3 2009 at the earliest.

WTF!!!!! IT DIDNT SAY $HIT ABOUT WII EXCLUSIVITY!!!! IT SAID NEX GEN CONSOLES!!!!!! Now soriku is going to start talking $hit again. See what you have done?

The topic is mis leading.

mM
leo-j said:
WTF!!!!! IT DIDNT SAY $HIT ABOUT WII EXCLUSIVITY!!!! IT SAID NEX GEN CONSOLES!!!!!! Now soriku is going to start talking $hit again. See what you have done?

Please read before exploding in random misdirected anger:

The latest rumor on the street is that, the wii is going to be getting some Kingdom Hearts loving from its creators. The first ever Kingdom Hearts game will be announced for the Wii at this years Tokyo Game show.

The previous Kingdom Hearts games has been exclusive to the PS2 with a Gameboy version thrown in. The developers have already confirmed the game will be coming for the next gen consoles.

naznatips said:
leo-j said:

Please read before exploding in random misdirected anger:

Read it again, it is mis leading, the developers confirmed the game is coming to nexgen consoleS, the S stating two or more systems. Besides, the developer said a spin off in TGS and it will be a handheld game read it in kingdomhearts3.net. Again its very misleading.

mM