By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP Collision Detection

This game looks amazing. The idea is fricking sweet. The potential is out the roof. But I am concerned. When watcdhing the latest videos at gametrailers, including the one I have linked to, there seems to be a problem in the game with collision detecting. As in, you character's head goes thgrough objects. I'm also concerned that the character doesn't have the responsiveness and control required of a platform jumper. Understandably this is not a platformer per se. However, much of the gameplay revolves around thios element. Any thoughts? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24042.html

Around the Network

There's a space in between the red bar and the background wall. It doesn't seem like an error in collision detection.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

No omoneru, you're clearly insane.

He passes through it visibly multiple times. Of course, I'd wager this still is a temp build. 

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Well, the character does go through the bar when it moves closer to us, but I was referring to its horizontal move, left and right, which didn't seem like an error.

The fact that it passed through the lowest portion of the bar isn't really a big deal. It could be an in-game material that is designed that way, or like you said a temp build.

Either way, most likely it's not going to be game breaking or to be worth making a fuss.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

this game isnt even coming out until next summer....can we PLEASE wait to hate on all PS3 games until 2 weeks before release date. Thanks.

Around the Network

Really not an issue when the game is still at least 8 months from release.

what a wierd video =P The machine was cool but they were copying it from a binary counting machine video I saw recently. Still interesting....but wierd video nonetheless.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Here found it, for those who are interested what the machine in this video is all about... 

To Each Man, Responsibility

As long as the developers are halfway competent (and I'm assuming they are) there shouldn't be collision errors (or big ones). All that game is is just a BSP editor with a fany physics engine and those have been around for a mighty long time.  Collision on simple objects is, well, simple.

Its still a year away, what do you expect ?

I better get in the damn beta, if not i bust out the AK and go nuts.