By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP Collision Detection

There are openings at the bottom of the red bars. Just look closely after they walk through

Around the Network

I'm sure they'll figure it out. I still can't figure out what's so innovative about this game though.

It definitly looks like an awesome game... but I don't see the innovation. What's new? User generated content?

There are plenty of games where you can make new levels. First I can think of it Excite Bike for the NES. Heck there are games where you can make an entire platform game or other game for scratch. Is it the fact that you can send stages over the internet as opposed to having your friend be forced to come to your house or vice versa?

I don't get the innovative part.

"What's new?"

What's new with Halo? What's new with Mario Galaxy? What's new with Metroid? Nothing. Everything has been done in one shape or form in other games. Your argument that user generated content on this level has been around for a long time is like me pointing at every game engine available for download and saying everything is old.

The innovativeness is in combining all those different aspects you claim have been done in other games into one easy to use package.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

steverhcp02 said:
this game isnt even coming out until next summer....can we PLEASE wait to hate on all PS3 games until 2 weeks before release date. Thanks.

Why are you only asking PS3 games get fairly treated? You think games on other systems aren't bashed months in advance?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Andir said:
"What's new?"

What's new with Halo? What's new with Mario Galaxy? What's new with Metroid? Nothing. Everything has been done in one shape or form in other games. Your argument that user generated content on this level has been around for a long time is like me pointing at every game engine available for download and saying everything is old.

The innovativeness is in combining all those different aspects you claim have been done in other games into one easy to use package.

"Click N Play" for the PC actually allows all the stuff i mentioned above.  The only difference is they did it for 2 player platforming.  It was a pretty to use package and you could even send the games online to other people.  Also you could make many more games the 2 player platforming and had more variety in designs. (you could import just about anything you wanted.)

That said it did have some flaws.  Which i'd expect since it was made by what i think was a small company since i had to get a copy from europe.

So the answer is... because it's 3-D?  I wouldn't say anything was new with Halo either, aside from some minor control changed, New with Metroid?  Couldn't say, doesn't really interest me.  Mario, The firing of the stars with the wiimote while simaltaniously playing a platformer.  Closest thing that came to that was... what that Pacman SNES game?

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
steverhcp02 said:
this game isnt even coming out until next summer....can we PLEASE wait to hate on all PS3 games until 2 weeks before release date. Thanks.

Why are you only asking PS3 games get fairly treated? You think games on other systems aren't bashed months in advance?

name me a game that is 9 months away form release that getting threads made about it negatively for collision detection on a demo toolkit on this forum.

If this was on the Wii and using the wiimote and made by nintendo and had the cast of SSBB this forum would be imploding form the circle jerk....just give it up and embrace the fact that is the fox news of gaming forums.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938583/6177592/littlebigplanet-leipzig-games-convention-2007-gameplay-demonstration

ENJOY LBP sex party lol ...

Time to Work !

@libellule: Actually that video alone sold me on LBP. Not the "Sex Party" part, but the fact that you can create motion along with the physics and have your design come to life. I can only imagine all the fun you could have with just the rotating bolt alone. :)

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php