By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii price = Total Nintendo Domination

Having the Wii at $199 right before next holiday season would be insane.  Oops meant to put Wii Price Cut = Total Nintendo Domination............

Edit: Japan probably needs price cut first.

Around the Network

There is no need for Nintendo to drop the price of Wii. Nintendo are struggling to supply enough Wiis to keep up with worldwide demand. No price cut for Wii until 2011 is my prediction.

That would require making many more Wiis. Not saying that it couldn't happen, but... yeah.

I'm not sure that Nintendo would want to invest in more production in these uncertain times, especially if it means cutting into their current hardware profit margins. Those extra Wiis would have to sell enough software to make up that $50 not only for the boosted sales, but also for the sales they would have gotten at $250.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Wow, 2011 that is a bold prediction. I think most people either think later this year due to cuts by Sony and Microsoft or next year.

I predict a $50 price cut in Q4 2010 at the EARLIEST.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo needs to drop the price this holiday. I know they will sell regardless, but having it more expensive than the Xbox 360 is unacceptable.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I don't think there's a significant amout of people waiting for a $50 price drop to get the wii.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Hyperion said:
I think Nintendo needs to drop the price this holiday. I know they will sell regardless, but having it more expensive than the Xbox 360 is unacceptable.

Would you care to elucidate on that?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Yeah, But if Nintendo released Pikmin 3, New Zelda, Starfox Wii, Mario, New Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario Party 9,Donkey Kong, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Metriod, and a New IP for a holiday season at the same time that would be crazy.

sethnintendo said:
Wow, 2011 that is a bold prediction. I think most people either think later this year due to cuts by Sony and Microsoft or next year.

I really don't think they have much to worry about if Sony and Microsoft were to both cut their prices.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List