By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Killzone review out

richardhutnik said:
antfromtashkent said:
the last paragraph is hillarious XD

I preferred this one:

Visually, Killzone 2 is (as you may have already heard) a mix of equal parts breathtaking and brown. Made entirely of mud and rusted iron, the war-ravaged homeworld of the Space Nazis is at once inspiring and terrifying to behold, with environments that run the gamut from cramped industrial corridors to crumbling blood-soaked trenches to majestic metal hallways decked in galacto-fascist propaganda. In all honesty, the only criticism I can make of the graphics is that all the Space Nazis look the same. For the sake of diversity, it would’ve been nice if some of them wore capes, or carried lightsabers, or rode around on Space Horses or something. But of course, they are Nazis, so perhaps developer Guerilla Games is entitled to some slack in that respect.

I was thinking we could also borrow a few points and throw them into the Halo Wars user review section to get it up from .8, and make this review a bit more realistic.

And as for the 3 thousand weapons.  I am sure "real time weapon change" would be a bear to do, if you held them all.  I heard this aspect is why Resistance 2 got rid of the wheel for selecting weapons.

Imagine trying to find the weapon to hit the space crab's weakpoint for massive damage in any sort of quick fasion.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
richardhutnik said:

And as for the 3 thousand weapons.  I am sure "real time weapon change" would be a bear to do, if you held them all.  I heard this aspect is why Resistance 2 got rid of the wheel for selecting weapons.

Imagine trying to find the weapon to hit the space crab's weakpoint for massive damage in any sort of quick fasion.

Actually the Space Sniper Rifle is so awesome it doesn't need to hit the space crabs weak point to do massive damage.  It turns EVERY point on the space crab into a giant weakpoint. 

The Space Sniper Rifle is so awesome that it attempted to take on Chuck Norris, but Chuck Norris ran away in fear before we had a chance to find out which would be superior.

Fear the Space Sniper Rifle!

ROFL!

I hope this makes it to Metacritic, XD

4 ≈ One

Undying said:

ROFL! Epic picture.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Undying said:

ROFL! Epic picture.

It looks like RIker is laughing his @ss off in the bottom left.

Around the Network

@Kantor, the game hasn't even come out yet. I can't really say when if the game is great or not if I haven't played it. So will have to wait and see.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Actually, I think they got the score wrong. As we all know, Killzone 2's score is supposed to be...

http://over9000.ytmnd.com/

OVER 9000! This score is only 100.  

Well, maybe it is just The Space Sniper Rifle that is....

OVER 9000!

Joemazing said:
*starts slow clap* best review ever. anyone fanboys offended should take solace in the boost this will give to the metascore. i wish for more reviews of this caliber for super-hyped games... on all the systems!

*Claps also but a bit faster*