By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars sets day one records for the most demo downloads on Xbox Live!

This from the official Microsoft NPD response

"The "Halo Wars" demo, released on February 5, set a day-one record for the most demo downloads on Xbox LIVE; with more than 2 million downloads in the first week, it was one of the top demo downloads of all time on the service"

2 million on the first week, considering only Gold subscirbers could download it only means even more millions of people will download the demo before its release.

With the overwhelming positive vibes its getting, surely this demo will do wonders for the game?

Around the Network

Good news. Not surprising either.

That demo was awesome.

Halo Wars could be bigger than I thought.

I had sales at a likely 2 million and a maximum of 3.

I somehow believe that despite the opposite predictions (even mine) Halo Wars, could be a great hit. Noone can underestimate the power of the HALO brand.
These estimations have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the demo was fantastic!

People on the forums on bungie.net are going crazy over the game and they have tons of selling power for a Halo game. It will be huge! Game Informer new issue gave Killzone 2 a 8.7 and Halo Wars a 9.2

Around the Network

Are there any other reviews for Halo Wars than the EDGE and Game Informer review?

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

yep could not download it but would have...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Maybe the idea that Halo Wars would outsell KZ2 isn't so far fetched?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Maybe the idea that Halo Wars would outsell KZ2 isn't so far fetched?

I have thought that for ages to be honest, no amount of killzone hype can beat a halo game!

I don't know. I guess both of these games (though not comparable at all) are made for hardcore gamers. So, who has the most spread hardcore fan base?