By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles are this eras PCs

shio said:
BringBackChrono said:
@shio
Consoles dont have adventure games?And simulation might just be the most irrelevant genre gaming has right now. And what about PC losing enormous ground in some of its best areas( shooters, RPGs etc)? And what about sports titles(which actually is a relevant genre)? It takes a hell of a delusional person to believe PC gaming is as strong as it was a decade ago. Thanks to the internet, finding them is easier than ever

Consoles have NO adventure games, except the Wii (which has nowhere near the amount of titles as PC).

Simulation is an entire genre, and yet you keep telling yourself that Console games are more varied than PC! HAH!. PC is the only platform big enough to support the simulation genre, unlike consoles.

PC has been losing nothing. Did PC lose Shooters? No, they are merely going multiplatform. And it's consoles that are losing RPGs - There are less and less RPGs coming out on consoles than before. Hell, JRPGs are even starting to come on PC, with the PC version of The Last Remnant releasing before tha PS3 version, and extremely heavy rumours of FFXIII going to PC.

How many RPGs released on 360 in 2008? 8.

How many RPGs released on PC in 2008? 50+.

PC is reeeaaallyyy dieing here!!! PC has never been big on sports games, so there no loss there.

I mean, you have to think before calling PC dead when PC has more games in development than all console combined - 70% of games are being developed on PC, only 43% are developed for consoles.

LMAO! Shio is one very delusional character here.....

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
shio said:
BringBackChrono said:
@shio
Consoles dont have adventure games?And simulation might just be the most irrelevant genre gaming has right now. And what about PC losing enormous ground in some of its best areas( shooters, RPGs etc)? And what about sports titles(which actually is a relevant genre)? It takes a hell of a delusional person to believe PC gaming is as strong as it was a decade ago. Thanks to the internet, finding them is easier than ever

Consoles have NO adventure games, except the Wii (which has nowhere near the amount of titles as PC).

Simulation is an entire genre, and yet you keep telling yourself that Console games are more varied than PC! HAH!. PC is the only platform big enough to support the simulation genre, unlike consoles.

PC has been losing nothing. Did PC lose Shooters? No, they are merely going multiplatform. And it's consoles that are losing RPGs - There are less and less RPGs coming out on consoles than before. Hell, JRPGs are even starting to come on PC, with the PC version of The Last Remnant releasing before tha PS3 version, and extremely heavy rumours of FFXIII going to PC.

PC is reeeaaallyyy dieing here!!! PC has never been big on sports games, so there no loss there.

I mean, you have to think before calling PC dead when PC has more games in development than all console combined - 70% of games are being developed on PC, only 43% are developed for consoles.

I'm delusional for posting facts?

shio said:
FKNetwork said:
shio said:
BringBackChrono said:
@shio

Yes, exactly! (joke), I can't be ass'd to argue with you otherwise I would have stated why I said what I did.

Anyway, carry on with your "PC is better than anything in the whole wide world" saga, must be fun living in a world where you *think* you are always right lol

I love console and pc gaming i couldnt care less if a game is on pc or console. i prefer gaming on my ps3 yes but pc gaming is still a viable option. rts games belong on pc for now because of the memory constraints of the console.

I think many people into pc gaming hate consoles because they feel the importance of pc gaming slipping away. I mean most genre's were owned on pc but now they have been shifted over to consoles. Even fps are better on consoles nower days.

Well the only thing left for pc gamers now is rts and mmo. MMO is starting to slip towards the consoles aswell now and rts is also close to becoming relevant on consoles.

It is very scary to be a pc gamer. defo if you dont own a console. i will be honest years ago i could have just games on pc exclusive games and been content now i need a console to play most good games. having a good pc for me is just a bonus but not a must have now the ps3 and 360 are so powerful

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

All I care is the day when we can all play together online multiplayer as one community ..

Example: PS3<->360<->PC..    and Wii if capable of joing in..

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
shio said:
FKNetwork said:
shio said:
BringBackChrono said:
@shio

Yes, exactly! (joke), I can't be ass'd to argue with you otherwise I would have stated why I said what I did.

Anyway, carry on with your "PC is better than anything in the whole wide world" saga, must be fun living in a world where you *think* you are always right lol

Rather than just say "zomg ur so wrong!!11!!1", why don't you put up some arguments? Because all we've seen from you so far are ignorant statements.

Serious_frusting said:
I love console and pc gaming i couldnt care less if a game is on pc or console. i prefer gaming on my ps3 yes but pc gaming is still a viable option. rts games belong on pc for now because of the memory constraints of the console.

I think many people into pc gaming hate consoles because they feel the importance of pc gaming slipping away. I mean most genre's were owned on pc but now they have been shifted over to consoles. Even fps are better on consoles nower days.

Well the only thing left for pc gamers now is rts and mmo. MMO is starting to slip towards the consoles aswell now and rts is also close to becoming relevant on consoles.

It is very scary to be a pc gamer. defo if you dont own a console. i will be honest years ago i could have just games on pc exclusive games and been content now i need a console to play most good games. having a good pc for me is just a bonus but not a must have now the ps3 and 360 are so powerful

Many PC gamers don't like consoles currently because this gen's consoles are nothing more than dumbed-down PCs, with dumbed-down controls, with much less great games and variety than PC, and with none of PC's strong points such as the vast modding. The fact that nearly all of PS360's games are released on PC makes them nearly obsolete for the average PC gamer. Also, nowadays a $400 PC can run games better than PS360, so that's a big disadvantage for HD consoles.

The only console that is able able to hold itself with the PC is the Wii, because it embodies what previous consoles were with a pinch of innovation.

FPS better on consoles?!?! Dude..... there are far more FPS games on PC than all consoles combined, and the PC versions are almost always better than the consoles versions. This year won't be any different, with Quake Live, Cryostasis, Zeno Clash and Global Agenda (among others) coming out exclusively for PC. It's actually the consoles that are losing, because console developers are focusing more on FPS that they're not developing enough platformers and RPGs.

Many console gamers don't like PC gaming currently because this gen's PC gaming is nothing more than overcomplicated console gaming, with dumbed-down controls, with much less great games and variety than consoles, and with none of consoles advantages such as system stability and simplicity. The fact that nearly all of the PC games are released on PS/360 makes them nearly obsolete for the average console gamer. Also, nowadays a $200 console can run games better than a $400 PC, so that's a big disadvantage for PC gaming.

FPS better on PCs?!?! Dude..... there are far better FPS games on consoles than the PC past and present combined, and the console versions are almost always better than the PC versions. This year won't be any different, with Resident Evil 5, Halo ODST, Bioshock 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare (among others) coming out exclusively or better for consoles. It's actually the PC gamers that are losing, because the old great PC game developers have long since started jumping ship to write games exclusively for the consoles.

Tease.

Ahh, Squilliam, beautiful work.

And shio, why pick the low-hanging fruit but ignore my post that actually said something? Unless you agree with it so much that there's no need to say anything in response?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Thanks!

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Many console gamers don't like PC gaming currently because this gen's PC gaming is nothing more than overcomplicated console gaming, with dumbed-down controls, with much less great games and variety than consoles, and with none of consoles advantages such as system stability and simplicity. The fact that nearly all of the PC games are released on PS/360 makes them nearly obsolete for the average console gamer. Also, nowadays a $200 console can run games better than a $400 PC, so that's a big disadvantage for PC gaming.

FPS better on PCs?!?! Dude..... there are far better FPS games on consoles than the PC past and present combined, and the console versions are almost always better than the PC versions. This year won't be any different, with Resident Evil 5, Halo ODST, Bioshock 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare (among others) coming out exclusively or better for consoles. It's actually the PC gamers that are losing, because the old great PC game developers have long since started jumping ship to write games exclusively for the consoles.

lol, out of those 4 you mentioned, 1 isn't even FPS, and 2 of the FPS are coming to PC...