By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has the PS3 taught sony a valuable lesson?

i doubt it

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Once Sony becomes more profitable, they will begin buying even MORE first party studios. Next gen, they will probably go the super powered route yet again, but they will not go the $599 USD insane new tech route. They will probably use a Cell cluster, a similar but much improved GPU to the RSX, an 8x (at least) Blu-Ray drive, a 300+ gb HDD, at least a GB of ram and continue to expand on the capabilities the ps3 has.

Since the Cell, Blu-Ray, etc. will be old stuff by then, they should be able to mass produce these consoles at launch for much less than they did the ps3.

And they will have an army of exclusives to back them up.

Now sony knows that the video game industry can still grow even if they are dead last , so come next gen sony would do best to be a little humble and not do that whole "get 2 jobs" fiasco.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I pray to god they have or the next big thing from Sony will be Bankruptcy

Sony should do exactly what they did with the PS3 to the PS4

Not a single complaint on my side, love every aspect of it (Power, Features, Games, etc)

Around the Network
MattAAron said:

Not a single complaint on my side, love every aspect of it (Power, Features, Games, etc)

This. Couldn't agree me.

MattAAron said:

Exactly - what's the point of another console on the market pricewise and with similar features to Xbox360? I think PS3 has a promising future

makingmusic476 said:

Once Sony becomes more profitable, they will begin buying even MORE first party studios. Next gen, they will probably go the super powered route yet again, but they will not go the $599 USD insane new tech route. They will probably use a Cell cluster, a similar but much improved GPU to the RSX, an 8x (at least) Blu-Ray drive, a 300+ gb HDD, at least a GB of ram and continue to expand on the capabilities the ps3 has.

Since the Cell, Blu-Ray, etc. will be old stuff by then, they should be able to mass produce these consoles at launch for much less than they did the ps3.

And they will have an army of exclusives to back them up.

This scares me for the sole fact that if they decide to overprice thier product again (to cover the cost of the all the capital investment in 1st party studios or any other reason) they force your hand to buying one just to play the exclusives.  Paying a premium to support ANYBODY's R&D or acquistion efforts absolutely does not sit well with me, regardless if that was Sony, Nintendo OR Microsoft.

As far as cheaper internals and therefore a cheaper price go... well with that part I absolutlely agree.

Who knows, but its certainly sent a message to MS and Nintendo and any other potential console makers that releasing a $600 console doesnt work, even if you've had huge successes in the previous generation. Their arrogance and stupidity is hurting them now.

Judging by the comments from the company's higher-ups, no. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046