By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has the PS3 taught sony a valuable lesson?

There is not much of an argument here:  the ps3 has lost a ton of mass market appeal comapred to the ps2.  Will sony want to make a super powered console in the next generation or try harder with advertising and getting development support?  This is a business so it's hard to imagine (even though it could also be hard to accept) that the next console by sony will try to push HD gaming to the next level, unless they can figure out a way to reach more casual and hardcore consumers.  Will sony change their tactics next time?   

Around the Network

If it is true that Sony rejected the plans for a Playstation Phone because of what they viewed as inadequate hardware then no, they have not nor will they ever learn from their mistakes.

IMO they should stick with how they do it but more advertising.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I think so far Sony was taught a lesson. Of course, they don't show that publicly and they often point out that there is their 10-year-plan which they definitely want to maintain. But I believe that internally they do very well know their problems. I mean, could anyone ever be so blind? Not really.

Should should know better next time about these decisive factors:

- Game Exclusivity
- Console Pricing
- Casual Appeal

If they dont, well, they're screwed!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network

I think Sony realized that the consumers dont want a high priced media center. Although I am rather Happy with my PS3 I wished it was cheaper. That said if Sony just makes the PS4 basically a ps3.5 then i think they will do better next round. I am interested to see if MS will have Blu-ray in their next system or DD or even try to bring back HD-DVD I mean the tech is the next best thing to Blu

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

PS3 has contributed to blu-ray success. Sony new that PS3 with its price tag will not appeal to the masses but it was the easiest way to introduce the new format.

hayeya_k said:
Should should know better next time about these decisive factors:

- Game Exclusivity
- Console Pricing
- Casual Appeal

If they dont, well, they're screwed!

no,no,no no,..

see:

- Game Exclusivity
- Console Pricing
- Casual Appea

+

- no ignore the nex wii 2

- no ignore the nex xbox 720

- no trojan horse like the blu ray

- never ignore the fans

..now is better....

sony win....

they learned not to kick too much ass or you have so much to live up to. i just hope nintendo takes note.

Yes, I sure they learned something really important.

Don't let one person have full control when making a console.