By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much support will Wii Motion Plus Get?

tuoyo said:
I still think Nintendo have to bundle at least 2 with Wii Sports Resort. Multiplayer is going to be what will make this game great (and hopefully online but I wouldn't hold my breath) and it would be kind of crappy if you can't play against some other member of your household because the game came with only one M+.

The Wii only came with one remote, and that did not stop most people from buying a second one. 

Maybe we will get Wii play 2 with extra Wii Motion Plus for 19,99. It seems like something Nintendo would do. 

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

Wii Play Feedback. With games like Hold Broom, how many seconds can you last balancing it.

Nahh, think they will only release it with WSR, they don't want to segment the sales of WSR with another title. The add-on is going to be affordable, between 10-15 oranges.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

The best way to be sure the WM+ add-on has a very high and very fast adoption rate is to bundle it (for free) with all the most important games using it, 1st party as well as 3rd party...

Wii owners have already spent $60 on each of their additionnal wiimote/nunchuck, so i don't think the idea of paying $20 more would be well accepted...

If we could have 1 to 4 WM+ add-ons easily while buying the most interesting games, most devs will then be ok to do way more WM+ compatible games in the future... otherwise, it will stay a (too) limited feature for a (too) limited audience, which would be a shame...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

68soul said:

The best way to be sure the WM+ add-on has a very high and very fast adoption rate is to bundle it (for free) with all the most important games using it, 1st party as well as 3rd party...

Wii owners have already spent $60 on each of their additionnal wiimote/nunchuck, so i don't think the idea of paying $20 more would be well accepted...

If we could have 1 to 4 WM+ add-ons easily while buying the most interesting games, most devs will then be ok to do way more WM+ compatible games in the future... otherwise, it will stay a (too) limited feature for a (too) limited audience, which would be a shame...

I agree.  I spent £45 on three extra nunchucks, £30 on two virtual controllers, £90 on three Wii remotes.  That's £165 on controllers, almost the price of the console itself.  Having to fork out on 3 extra Wii Remotes (in addition to the one with Wii Sports Resort) would mean my Wii controllers cost me much more than I paid for the console and much more than I paid for a Premium 360 with 2 games.  Not good and not right.  But Nintendo is Nintendo so I fully expect them to milk us as much as they can for the extra Motion Plusses.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Wait a moment, I think that High Voltage didn't confirm that they were using M+ in The Conduit, are they?

Around the Network
DavidValbu said:
Wait a moment, I think that High Voltage didn't confirm that they were using M+ in The Conduit, are they?

No confirmation, but they did state an interest in it. And unless WSR is coming out after June, it would be easy to implement.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The same support the Wiimote gets, I guess...

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

68soul said:

actually, this is a bad idea from a business standpoint. If you bundled the WM+ with more then 4 different games, there would be a decent chance of you giving these things away for free to people who are just going to toss them in the trash.

It would be better to offer to SKU's, with WM+ an extra $10m, compared to $15-20 standalone. However, then you introduce different issues and complications. Odds are you'll only need 2 for the first year anyways, so Wii Sports Resort and 1 extra WM+ isn't all that bad.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)