By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I just put Advance Wars DS In the washing machine

Funny you should ask. I did the same thing with that Metroid Prime Hunters demo that came with my DS. It worked just fine! There's no guarantee your copy of advance wars is gonna play, but I'm pretty confident that it will, and you will probably still have your save data.

Around the Network

I feel your pain stof, I washed my 30$ 1Gb mp3 player from china a few weeks ago, I got lucky though, after drying it worked like a charm, only the radio broke and german radio is not worth anybodys time anyway, good thing is, now it sparkles :) ... man I´m glad I never got an Ipod, sure they are great but they are expensive and I drop my mp3 player all the time.

So good luck with that, about 90% of my elektonics that got wet (while turned off) worked again when dry, but maybe I just got lucky alot.

There are much easier ways to 'clean out' the save files, Stof. ;)

But Nintendo made stuff is pretty tough. Give it a few days to completely dry out and you should be fine. If not, Nintendo can sometimes help get you a replacement for less than the price of a new copy.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

BenKenobi88 said:
At least your dog didn't chew up 4 of your DS games like mine did last month. Argh.

Not the worst thing a dog can chew up, a friend of mine had his braces chewed up by his dog and he still had to wear them...first he didn´t notice it and put them right in without washing them or anything...only they didn´t fit right and were wet... that still makes me laugh everytime I think of it :)

Yep it might work, I left alot of gba games and mario 64ds in the washing machine and found it in my pants, and they all work.

mM
Around the Network
El Duderino said:
BenKenobi88 said:
At least your dog didn't chew up 4 of your DS games like mine did last month. Argh.

Not the worst thing a dog can chew up, a friend of mine had his braces chewed up by his dog and he still had to wear them...first he didn´t notice it and put them right in without washing them or anything...only they didn´t fit right and were wet... that still makes me laugh everytime I think of it :)

Your friend had dog slobber in his mouth...hahaha. Hope it was a girl dog, otherwise, he's gay.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Stof, honestly, you are worth your money

I carry my games in a 3 game case. I never forget to take it out.

lol stof, I really hope it works for you, as the game really is the best game out for DS right now.

I'm sure it will though, solid state memory is generally pretty durable (no moving parts) and so long as the thing is dry and the contacts haven't rusted it should work fine.

Make sure you leave it a long time to dry...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

mancandy said:
El Duderino said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Your friend had dog slobber in his mouth...hahaha. Hope it was a girl dog, otherwise, he's gay.

Don´t know what gender the dog was but I´m not sure this counts as inter-species-erotica. The dog was kinda funny anyway, seemed a little crazy. Even his death was kind of awkward, the only dog I know of to hang himself. I´m not making this up, he was chained in the yard and must have seen something behind the fence, he must have tried to jump to the other side but the chain was not long enough to make the landing, still long enough to make the jump, a very tragic ending for him, yet somehow fitting for such a crazy dog.

Sorry to ramble here stof, this thread is about your pain, still I´m sure if you give the game two or three days it will be as good (and as clean) as new

btw great work on mertoid, I´ve been watching your progress and am quite impressed, personally I eather play only one game and finish it fast cause its like a drug, or I play 5 or 6 different games bacause I can´t concentrate on only one (cause I´m on drugs)