By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSWii60 owners, which console is your favourite?

1. PS3
2. Wii
3. 360

PSN: Gippon

Around the Network

Think i might be unique in the sense i actually don't think of them in competition with each other. If there is a game i like i will buy it, because a game is on one format does not mean i dislike the others less. I think i've always thought that way about the formats through the generations. They all have their own unique things which as a whole cater to my gaming requirements :)

Now that said i can say in terms of how long i have spent playing each one. I have spent most of my gaming time on the 360. Reason for that is it has shead loads of RPG games which take me forever to get through. The PS3 does not have many if any decent ones. Add to this i spend a lot of time playing against my friends online. The majority of them all have 360's so again normally means i will use that for my co-op addiction. Plus i think even if we all had all consoles we would still prefer to use live then psn as it just seems more solid.
Then after that if i play arcade games i prefer xbla with titles like Braid, takes me back to the old school kind of games.

Overall games wise i have to be honest and say i own more 360 games then PS3 games, and Wii games i own even fewer. I tend to look at metacritic scores to look for new games and the top 20 on 360 is a lot higher score wise then compared to PS3 and Wii. For example there are only 10 games on PS3 with a score above 90. Of those 10 7 are multi-platform. Where as on 360 there are 18 games with a score above 90 and of those 9 are exclusive to 360.
That is proof that the 360 has more acclaimed games then the other 2.

But it is a matter of opinion and we are all different. I like all three consoles the same and love many games on all of them. I'm sure it will continue to be that way.

PS3, for features outside it being a gaming machine

Upgrade the Internal HDD with ease, Plug in a USB HDD of any size, Streaming of MKV, Linux, and the simple//sexy interface (XMB), the design of the console itself is the sexiest consoles ive laid eyes on, BluRay...

and hopefully one day we'll see XBMC on it :/

Wii
XBOX 360
PS3

not really fair, i never played a PS3 so i really can't make an accurate judgement

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

360 - Live, Controller, games, etc
PS3
.Far
.Far
.Far
.Down
Wii

Around the Network

2.Wii
3.Pc

20.ps3

I have PS3 and wii and I can't really single one out because they serve rather different purposes for me.

I play my wii with my wife, Boom Blox, Mario Kart, she played through pretty much all of Super Mario Galaxy with the pointer with me, and various other games. So in that regard I do love my wii. Plus there is a handfull of games just for me that I enjoy, such as No More Heroes and Brawl. But it leaves something to be desired in the more traditional department.

My PS3 I love for the more traditional side of gaming, and play it by myself. My Wife has no interest in my PS3 games, so it's pretty much for when I can play a game by myself. I love Dead Space, Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3, and a glut of other awesome games that I play on my own or online. I also eagerly await traditional fair such as Killzone, Fear 2, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII, ect ect. Plus I do use it for blu-ray on occasion. But it doesn't have anything I can play with my wife aside from LBP.

So it really just comes down to they are two systems that I use in two different contexts. I love them both, but I wouldn't trade one for the other.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Tough decision. If it were just the hardware... and the game library, and everything didn't matter... definately the PS3 is coolest and my favorite.

When you throw in changing stuff, like the games library, it flip-flops for me, depending on what I feel like playing. I like them all. PC not so much, because I like the big screen. I hooked up my PC to it so I could play PC RPGs on the big screen too, but I just dislike keyboard+mouse these days.

Beer makes you like everybody sometimes. Consoles too.

1Wii
2PS3+360(They switch spots alot so I just list them equal)
Now if we factor in Handhelds then it would be
1DS
2PSP
3Wii
4PS3=360