By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wait...360 does have good games coming out.

gebx said:
The_God_of_War said:
BenVTrigger said:
The_God_of_War said:
"Also Microsoft is infamous for waiting to announce games until a couple months prior to release"

Nope, this is a myth.

Anyway, MS do have an OK lineup this year. I'm willing to bet Splinter Cell and Alan Wake will get Q4 release dates and Forza 3 & Killer Instinct 3 will be revealed soon.

Really what about Gears 2?  One of their biggest games ever?  Also a Microsoft rep came out and said they would be announcing to more exsclusive games for 09 sometime soon.

Announced in March 2008, released in Nov 2008. That's 8 months. Sony and Nintendo both reveal certain games close to their release dates as well, I'm not sure why so many people give Microsoft credit for it. And both Sony and Nintendo both have unannounced games for 2009 also. But yeah, this thread is about Microsoft so I'm expecting KI 3 & Forza 3 for 2009. And hopefully Crackdown 2 although I'm not too optimistic about that one.

One of the big critism Sony is receiving is announcing games too early, MS is just trying to be different and hold their cards closer to their chest. They've mentioned it a couple times - the 360 has a couple cards that no one knows about...

And maybe MS is learning from Apple.. it makes sense not to announce games years in advance, hype can kill a game just as well as make it a blockbuster!

Well, that have revealed some games too early- KZ2, GT5 and Heavy Rain for example. But on the other hand they've revealed plenty of games quite soon before release- Resistance 2, Motorstorm: PR, R & C, etc. Reveal some games a few years in advance, and keep some others close to their chest, they've always done that. In fact, both companies do. I mean, we knew about Too Human, Fable 2 and Halo Wars a long time before they actually came out. Which is fine by me. Anyway, both MS & Sony have some secret games for '09, so I'm looking forward to them being announced.

Around the Network

Yes and another point is why are only exclusives mentioned?

some great multiplatform games are on the way...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think in the next few months at GDC and E3 we will see the landscape change in terms of games coming out.

MS are a company that most of the time stays quiet about their games. I think the reason they have always been like that is due to respect to each developer. It gives them the limelight to get the games name out. They do this very well. They did it with Gears and BioShock etc. I always felt this was the better way of doing it because in all honesty you can say xyz is coming out in 2-3 years but that does not really mean anything for right now.

A good example of this is the way Sony have gone about things. They tell people what games are coming out long in advance. Sometimes when they are still just concepts i.e MAG. The problem with this way is inevitably there will be delays in games. Sony has had this happen to them many many times. The 360 has had games delayed too, games like Alan Wake etc. but we know so little about it that it doesn't really matter.

Another interesting thing is that the financial results have come in and the two companies are billions apart. MS if they choose can spend a lot of cash on securing exclusives while Sony can't. I think this is why Sony are trying to make more games in house which is a good move.

So in the next few months i think we will see more games announced for the 360 that we have not heard of. One of the MS guys said something like they plan to break the bank at e3.

kirby007 said:

I agree i was just trying to differentiate between the two consoles library's.

BenVTrigger said:
kirby007 said:

if that is so why don't we list exclusives who are already available?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

@ Hyruken

Good post and thats sums up pretty much what I've been thinking. I really hope to see not just awesome sequals announced but an amazing new I.P. like what Mass Effect and Gears have become.

kirby007 said:
BenVTrigger said:
kirby007 said:

Because this is about the 2009 lineup.

BenVTrigger said:
kirby007 said:
BenVTrigger said:
kirby007 said:

Because this is about the 2009 lineup.

still not very constructive if you don't look at the whole gamelibrary of each console

gebx said:
The_God_of_War said:
BenVTrigger said:
The_God_of_War said:
"Also Microsoft is infamous for waiting to announce games until a couple months prior to release"

Nope, this is a myth.

Anyway, MS do have an OK lineup this year. I'm willing to bet Splinter Cell and Alan Wake will get Q4 release dates and Forza 3 & Killer Instinct 3 will be revealed soon.

Really what about Gears 2?  One of their biggest games ever?  Also a Microsoft rep came out and said they would be announcing to more exsclusive games for 09 sometime soon.

Announced in March 2008, released in Nov 2008. That's 8 months. Sony and Nintendo both reveal certain games close to their release dates as well, I'm not sure why so many people give Microsoft credit for it. And both Sony and Nintendo both have unannounced games for 2009 also. But yeah, this thread is about Microsoft so I'm expecting KI 3 & Forza 3 for 2009. And hopefully Crackdown 2 although I'm not too optimistic about that one.

One of the big critism Sony is receiving is announcing games too early, MS is just trying to be different and hold their cards closer to their chest. They've mentioned it a couple times - the 360 has a couple cards that no one knows about...

And maybe MS is learning from Apple.. it makes sense not to announce games years in advance, hype can kill a game just as well as make it a blockbuster!

Sony has pretty much only done this in the beginning of the PS3's lifecycle, when it needed some more games to get the sales going.

The only game that has relatively recently been revealed, that we are quite sure will not be released before a year after its announcing, is God of War III. At this point, it seems mad to think it would be out before E3.

But Resistance 2, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Siren: Blood Curse and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift were all revealed in a timely fashion.