By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cruis'n Wii looks...well, just look...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/no-no-no/cruisn-is-the-worst+looking-wii-game-ever-292534.php

The article: First instinct upon seeing the cover art was "no, this is not going to end well". Now we've got some Crus'n screens...this does not look like it's going to end well. Unless this is some kind of joke (oh haha we can make a 2006 Ubisoft Wii racer too). But it's probably not. Midway, seriously, what the fuck is this? I know that graphics aren't everything, but...they're still something.

Eds Note: Seems to be some conjecture over the source of these images. Mention of Fast & the Furious, and of arcade games. For the record, and for those curious, these screenshots were provided by Midway as part of their press pack for the title.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

The Cruis'n series has always been uninspiring anyway. It's fun for the 5 or so minutes 3 quarters will last you in the arcade, but not much longer than that.

I am not saying by any means that the game is quality, but this looks worse than Cruis'n USA. I know, I owned the game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

This shit is unacceptable. Come on Midway, put some effort.

omg..can someone kick the crap out of midway? now please or i do it.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I know what happened; Midway just spent all its cash on Stranglehold and the new Area 51 and so they made some quicky wii games to increase cash flow. What a bunch of jackasses (I will still rent stranglehold though).

This isn't even a matter of the graphical capabilities of the Wii. This is bs.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

ugg1020 said:
This isn't even a matter of the graphical capabilities of the Wii. This is bs.

I agree, this is totally the devs fault.

It looks like a port of Crusin world from the N64. Absolute Garbage.

Midway is still making games? For some reason I thought they'd been put out to pasture a few years ago.