By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day and week Prediction for Street Fighter IV

Phrancheyez said:
Wow I think you guys are way off. WAY off. That puts it at like 150k first day with 360 and PS3 combined? You're way off.

Also, theres been plenty of SF games between SF 2 and 4...

I say 750k first week in Japan.

750k is more like SSBB did (850k+).

SSBB being the best selling fighting game ever on the best selling home system so far, I dont see SF4 doing anything close...

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network
Noobie said:
Khuutra said:
Expectations of this game being as popular as SFII are going to be met with bitter, heart-rending disappointment.

I just said it seeing the popularity of SFII.. and i really don't know how much hype there is for SFIV in Japan.. So it was just a wild guess.. But seeing 100 - 200k for first week i think it doesn't enjoy much popularity now.

Oh I understand, and it's a reasonable assumption, I just don't see it happening.

Street Fighter IV is in the top ten of the most anticipated games (Famitsu) for ages! So I think it'll sell easily 500k in the first week (both consoles combined)

Take a look at my photos on flickr

VivaLaWiida said:
Street Fighter IV is in the top ten of the most anticipated games (Famitsu) for ages! So I think it'll sell easily 500k in the first week (both consoles combined)

Mother 3 was near the top of that list for years.

VivaLaWiida said:

Won't come even close. 150k for both versions combined, tops.

Around the Network

Ehhh, 80k for PS3 and 15k for 360 first week.

There's barely any hype for this :s

Oh, and correction SFIII released on the PS2 and Dreamcast in 1999, with many many remakes and expansions, this site doesn't have sales figures for it for w/e reason.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Capcom are expecting 1.7m in sales across the platforms (ww) - and that's only for this quarter! I'm sure they'll blame handhelds when the numbers don't come even close...

Khuutra said:
VivaLaWiida said:

Mother 3 was near the top of that list for years.

No More Heroes was in top 10 or top 20 for months, and sold what ? 6.000 1st day, 10.000 first week ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Star Scream said:

Capcom are expecting 1.7m in sales accross the platforms (ww) - and that's only for this quarter! I'm sure they'll blame handhelds when the numbers don't come even close...

but there are games like Monster Hunter for PSP which have far exceeded the expectation... so we can't say if they have over estimated or under estimated until or unless there are some numbers in.

But if they they have estimated 1.7m then this means they are expecting around 400k for Jap so around 200k for first week for both platforms.

First week.

Ps3- 120k
360- 40k