By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day and week Prediction for Street Fighter IV

Street Fighter II was insane.. i didn't know myself that it sold like 6+ miilion in 90s...

So Steet Fighter IV should be huge.. SFII sold over a million on SNES in first week in Japan.

So how do you think SFIV will do in Japan on HD consoles.

Big Franchise like MGS4 and DMC4 has done well in Japan in first week sales atleast.. So i m expecting it should reach 400 - 500k first. or SFIV is no more a huge franchise in Japan.. after all its coming after 17 yrs..  which means a long long time.

Btw why neither Sony or MS has launched SFIV bundle.. don't u think its a bit stupid when WKC like games got bundled. (not trying to undermine WKC by any means.. just it is a new IP and SFIV is an trusted IP, so should have been given a bit of importance)

Around the Network

I honestly have no idea! I'd say 35k on 360 and 150k on PS3 ...

Tremble said:
I honestly have no idea! I'd say 35k on 360 and 150k on PS3 ...

I agree with this. Maybe a bit less on ps3...100k?

Slightly more than Soul Calibur IV sales.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

1st day should be around 150k and 1st week 250 K ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

Are some of you in for disappointment...

Wow I think you guys are way off. WAY off. That puts it at like 150k first day with 360 and PS3 combined? You're way off.

Also, theres been plenty of SF games between SF 2 and 4...

I say 750k first week in Japan.

Expectations of this game being as popular as SFII are going to be met with bitter, heart-rending disappointment.

Phrancheyez said:
Wow I think you guys are way off. WAY off. That puts it at like 150k first day with 360 and PS3 combined? You're way off.

Also, theres been plenty of SF games between SF 2 and 4...

I say 750k first week in Japan.

Maybe 1/5 of that...for combined numbers.

Khuutra said:
Expectations of this game being as popular as SFII are going to be met with bitter, heart-rending disappointment.

I just said it seeing the popularity of SFII.. and i really don't know how much hype there is for SFIV in Japan.. So it was just a wild guess.. But seeing 100 - 200k for first week i think it doesn't enjoy much popularity now.