By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good Job Guerilla.

Thechalkblock said:
Guerrilla has proved itself.

ya, they could make more than 2 good games? ie continue a good franchise like Killzone....

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:

Okay i just wanted to give my congratulations to Guerilla Games. Seriously. I thought Killzone 2 was gonna be mediocre after the crappy original Killzone, and after playing the demo a trillion times (losing all the time though, i suck at aiming with analog sticks xD) i'm getting it first day.

Aside from the game being a technical marvel, it just feels so epic, so amazing. It stunned me.

Good job, one more sale for Killzone 2.

Killzone was a good game....

Im sorry dude... but your bias is so clearly evident that its rediculous.

Moments ago you psoted this for the new Halo map editor...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1770937

Moments before that you posted this about Mozilla IE lawsuit

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1770671

Obviously you don't like anything Microsoft...and thats fine...I don't like Toyota cars for no aparent reason.  But being a mod on a gaming form, I think you believe you should have some restraint when it comes to posting biased opinions.

You just can't go from saying "Meh not impressed" for halo map editor to saying "Killzone 1 was a good game..."

Would have been a good game had it been on xbox? a microsoft product? 

@dislitude

SSJ is not a mod.

disolitude said:
ssj12 said:

Okay i just wanted to give my congratulations to Guerilla Games. Seriously. I thought Killzone 2 was gonna be mediocre after the crappy original Killzone, and after playing the demo a trillion times (losing all the time though, i suck at aiming with analog sticks xD) i'm getting it first day.

Aside from the game being a technical marvel, it just feels so epic, so amazing. It stunned me.

Obviously you don't like anything Microsoft...and thats fine...I don't like Toyota cars for no aparent reason.  But being a mod on a gaming form, I think you believe you should have some restraint when it comes to posting biased opinions.

You just can't go from saying "Meh not impressed" for halo map editor to saying "Killzone 1 was a good game..."

yes it easily would have been.

Like a poster said above, it might not have lived up to the media's halo-killer hype, which killed everyone's view on it, but it was still a fun and enjoyable game. Last time I check Fun = Good.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Killzone was alright. It had a load of problems, that's for certain.

I'm playing Liberation right now, and I'm liking it. It shows a lot of improvement from the original Killzone, despite being a PSP game. For example, the game actually has physics. In Killzone, a grenade would blow up next to somebody, and they'd just drop on the spot. They'd barely even move. In Liberation, they actually get knocked back, and land in a heap via ragdoll physics. Pretty impressive for a handheld title.

I'm only a half hour into the game, though. Let's see how long it can hold my attention.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
@dislitude

SSJ is not a mod.

Oh...my bad. Sorry SSJ... :)

disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
@dislitude

SSJ is not a mod.

ya, i kind of have a more important position on this site.. is corporate relations manager. ie im apart of the main administration =D

ssj12 said:
Thechalkblock said:
Guerrilla has proved itself.

ya, they could make more than 2 good games? ie continue a good franchise like Killzone....

Hopefully.

ssj12 said:
disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
@dislitude

SSJ is not a mod.

ya, i kind of have a more important position on this site.. is corporate relations manager. ie im apart of the main administration =D

Cooi, right on...  so are Microsoft reps busting your balls when it comes to site corporate relations or something similar? lol :P

ssj12 said:
disolitude said:
ssj12 said:

yes it easily would have been.

Like a poster said above, it might not have lived up to the media's halo-killer hype, which killed everyone's view on it, but it was still a fun and enjoyable game. Last time I check Fun = Good.

Killzone had an assload of problems.  It was more than just overhype that killed the supposed halo killer.

It's controls needed more testing, to say the least, and the wonky controls combined with an often sub-25 fps framerate made the game troublesome to play.  The game also suffered from rampant texture pop-in and buggy AI (sometimes enemies would go completely brain dead).

However, I agree that it was still a decent game.  I certainly had fun with it, especially the offline multiplayer with bots.

Killzone had so much potential.  It had so many cool things going for it, and I think they could've solved every issue the game had with a few months more testing, except for the "you're suppose to be in a war, but where is everbody?" feeling,  and their decision to go with that wierd jumping model.

What Killzone could've been is why I had a pretty decent amount of faith in GG for Killzone 2.  I knew given the resources of being an internal studio, they'd be able to polish Killzone 2 to the max. Plus, Killzone was developed concurrently with Shellshocked, and both were GG's very first titles, so many of the faults with the original were probably from inexperience. Liberation showed that they were growing in experience as a developer, and many of the quibbles with the original Killzone I felt could've been fixed by a more experienced dev team.