By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yuri vs Emil: Who do you like better?

Shadowblind said:

WUT! How long have you had it? o_0 Why haven't you beat it yet >_<

Oh, and expect more badassedry from him then just what he does to Ragou. Oh man, you ain't seen nothin yet 

Lets see:

• Fallout 3
  • The Last Remnant
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Mass Effect 3rd playthrough on Insane
  • Call of Duty: World @ War
  • Kings Bounty: The Legend
  • Sins of a Solar Empire
  • Gears of War 2
  • Madden 2006 (yes, 2006)
  • Galcon @ InstantAction.com
  • Lore @ InstantAction.com
  • Ace of Aces @ InstantAction.com

I have a lot of games, and having paid $60 for some of 'em, I gotta lot of play to get finished, yet. Mainly, I was hoping to play ToV all the way through with my finacee like Eternal Sonata, but it hasn't happened...So I will most likely try to beat it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
outlawauron said:
mrstickball said:
Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:
Only 220 hits? How unhardcore ;) I saw a vid where Emil and Marta managed to do a 700+ hit combo O_o Seriously, once you Marta's Cast skills which decreases the cast considerably (any spell can be cast in like 1 second) and if you get the Healer's Ribbon (Mystic artes/All artes go down to 1 TP when you use them), she's pretty much broken. With one cloak in the game that gives her accelerate, she's just insane. I have the Star Breaker gauntlet equipped on Emil which brings all artes to 1 TP too.

Can he do it without repeating any attacks and by himself? Me thinks not ;)

Unlikely. Rita can easily do a 999hit combo.

Haven't played ToS2, so I cannot comment on Emil but.....

Yuri is cool because:

• His accessories are cool
  • He makes fun of other party members in some humorous ways...Especially pretending to be Karol's VA, and using a very funny effimate voice.
  • When Ragou walks away from Dhangrest, and back to doing evil...Yuri walks up to him and murders him vigilante-style, and throws 'em in a river. Hardcore.
  • He hates almost everyone. 

Probably a lot more...I'm only 25-26hrs into it. May play it a lil more tonight.

Noob. I'm 53 hours in and I've just discovered Nam Cobanda Isle. Happy Days!

Make sure you do the poker game, this is a great way to make money...for those expensive hot spring scenes ;)

Also, hit up the fel weapons, they are unlocked at the final boss if you have done everything that is needed. If you have been using Yuri for most of the fight he becomes immediatly broken with this weapon. The others, well, train the weapons up with the 100 man melee.

And Yuri does not hate almost everyone, he just hides his emotions. Notice how well Flynn knows him and comments on this.

Edit: Blah Blah Blah..Tidal Wave! > all

Oh I am. I got about 50k chips right now.

And I have 4 out of 7 of the fell arms.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
Destiny Blade said:
I wish Yuri could sword rain.

Every main character should be able to use sword rain. Or if not that, Dragon Swarm, Tales of Eternia style. Dragon Swarm is in ToV I think and it's cool, but Ras' in Eternia is crazy. He just stabs like 20 times fast. I wish we could get that back.

Yuri uses a myriad of punches, kicks, and sword slashes in Vesperia's Dragon Swarm.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ha ha. Yuri killed Cumore. This is great. Yuri does things that no other protagonist does. Cept maybe Liam Neeson from Taken.

mrstickball said:

Ha ha. Yuri killed Cumore. This is great. Yuri does things that no other protagonist does. Cept maybe Liam Neeson from Taken.

See? And the way he does it too. If you have the purple hat on when that happens it looks so awesome. He just stands there while the guys freakin' out in the pit. "Please let me live!" 

"I wonder how many times that been said to you before."

Badass. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
mrstickball said:

See? And the way he does it too. If you have the purple hat on when that happens it looks so awesome. He just stands there while the guys freakin' out in the pit. "Please let me live!" 

"I wonder how many times that been said to you before."

Badass. 

I went with the black sunglasses. He kind of looks down, so he can see Yuri's eyes as he's screaming.

I don't think I've seen a Japanese male lead be this ruthless. I'm expecting the Mass Effect answer wheel to pop up, and Yuri to keep giving Renegade-tilted answers.

Soriku said:
Destiny Blade said:
I wish Yuri could sword rain.

Every main character should be able to use sword rain. Or if not that, Dragon Swarm, Tales of Eternia style. Dragon Swarm is in ToV I think and it's cool, but Ras' in Eternia is crazy. He just stabs like 20 times fast. I wish we could get that back.

Eh Flinn has it, along with Demon Fang. yuri does not need it, he is badass enough without it.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS