By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yuri vs Emil: Who do you like better?

Yuri, Emil is annoying for too long, I think they needed to have a longer game or have him develop a bit faster. The final combo of ratatosk and emil is more badass though.

Edit: And though he is not "badass" Cap'n Karol is pretty funny. Good character.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Yuri, because hes the most badass protagonist in any Tales game ever made.

His personality reminds of Dante from Devil May Cry. He's just too laid back to be a lead character to me.

Destiny Blade said:
Shadowblind said:

His personality reminds of Dante from Devil May Cry. He's just too laid back to be a lead character to me.

Thats why hes awesome. He never gets really emo, and will get the sh** that needs to be done, done.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

NightstrikerX said:
Cless Alvein.

Wait, this is against Yuri and Emil? Uhh... tough choice. I think I'll go with Emil cause he was able to stand toe-to-toe agaist Lloyd, but then again. Yuri has fought Kratos, so...

Ok, I'll go with Yuri. But Cless Alvein remains my all time favorite.

When was the Kratos battle? I don't remember it, but I have missed some stuff in Vesperia.

Edit: And Yuri is broken with his Fel Weapon. But Rita tricked out is even more so.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Shadowblind said:
Destiny Blade said:
Shadowblind said:

Thats why hes awesome. He never gets really emo, and will get the sh** that needs to be done, done.

He's cool, but cooler as a supporting character to Flynn, who should have been the main character. Yuri is so laid back that he's never emotionaly envolved with the story or anything that's going on. That's a main reasonn why Vesperia's story and villains aren't that great.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Ratatosk Emil is badass. Though he became an asshole at the end of the game and normal Emil became awesome lol.

Anyway, I haven't played ToV so I'm gonna say Emil.

I hope Tales of Ten's main character is badass too :)

I think you can call this a little bit of a spoiler. But that's fine.

Emil is annoying. I think he would fit on a High School Musical game. Now, seriously. I can say because I have never played Vesperia, so I don't know this Yuri character. But I don't think it is possibly worse than Emil.

Awesome trailer for the new Ganbare Goemon game, to be released in March, 2009 for... Well, it's a Pachinko machine with a display. Oh, God.

*NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII*:  Now it's gonna happen!!! Thank you so much Nintendo.

Duke should be a cameo in Tales of Ten.

yuri, nothing can forgive the crapiness of ain soph aur

Holy shit that was nasty.

Emil is a lot more badass than Yuri, Yuri is just cool.

Destiny Blade said:
Holy shit that was nasty.

Emil is a lot more badass than Yuri, Yuri is just cool.

ORLY? Emil's laugh and the cinematic part was cool, but his moves just pale to this :P

Though I think Rita's is amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0caNHUJqMk&feature=related

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.