By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SD CoD:WaW Might be More Profitable than HD Version.

I don't care really, all I know is, it got destroyed sales wise. Keep trying to find excuses though, they just keep getting better.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

The reality is a lot more complicated than anything you could think of.

This is a multiplatform game, various things are shared between consoles so various costs are divided between versions.

bigjon said:
Aj_habfan said:
People are really stretching that 1/3rd - 1/4th ratio.

Um, I am pretty sure that the number you are speaking of is the cost to build a game from the ground up. I am reffering to the added expense to port the game.

And you think they didn't make a game separately for the PS2 and Wii? You have to be kidding.

Keep trying for your reasoning is absolutely ridicoulous.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ps3/360 has about the same installed base as wii- and look how much more the hd version sold. theres no excuses man.

scottie said:
@ Aj, actually, the 20% figure is likely too high.

If you had two seperate, equally skilled and equally highly paid teams, and kept them completely seperated, unable to communicate, then the Wii version would cost 1/3-1/4 what the 360 version cost. However, because the Wii version is a port, it means that the Wii developers could copy paste large sections of code for use in their game. They also didn't have to spend a cent on paying writers for the plot/dialogue, voice actors, and alot of the graphic design could be reused.

Yes, in terms of IRR, the Wii version probably does edge out the HD versions, and CoD6 will come to the Wii

You can not just apply those additional costs to the HD games as the same content there is used in all versions of the game.

Around the Network

outlawauron - you're missing the point of the comparison. The point of the OP was to show that when presented with the two options of
Make a PS360PC game or
Make a PS360PCWii game

Activision will get a considerably higher return with only a slightly higher initial investment if they choose the 2nd option, and therefore for this comparison the costs of dialogue etc can be placed on the versions that were certain to be made

scottie said:
outlawauron - you're missing the point of the comparison. The point of the OP was to show that when presented with the two options of
Make a PS360PC game or
Make a PS360PCWii game

Activision will get a considerably higher return with only a slightly higher initial investment if they choose the 2nd option, and therefore for this comparison the costs of dialogue etc can be placed on the versions that were certain to be made

Of course it's worth it to make a Wii version. However, the SD versions were not more profitable (and will likely never be) than the HD versions which is what the topic title is.

If only publishers would just stop making games for the HD consoles, then, at last, us Wii fans could force those game makers to make all games for the greatest number one console that all gamers own!

Viva la Wii!

Yes it may be more profitable on the Wii.

That settles it...SD ports of all future COD games should be made for the wii.

psrock said:
I don't care really, all I know is, it got destroyed sales wise. Keep trying to find excuses though, they just keep getting better.

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"